• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

what year is my 105 cub cadet ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TIM, when you said it was a model 105 I'd have guessed it w shop got allas built in 1968. I would have missed the month.
IH was really good about building to a schedule, and a Mixed Model schedule at that. I worked at the FARMALL PLANT in Rock Island, Ill, we built large ag tractors 2wd and 4wd with only limited shared parts. And we kept several IH plants and foundries humming building tractors. Farmall had it's own foundry that made lots of castings but that was closed around December 21, 1967. The other IH foundries all competed for that work. IH Louisville, and IH Memphis, and IH Indy. A few outside foundries made parts too. The Louisville Forge shop got all the forgings. In about 1987 I attended a mandatory meeting for all Farmall employees where our plant manager said if FARMALL alone could run full bore it would do enough business with all other IH plants to make the whole corporation profitable.

I can't stand zero turns, so I use one of the 9 I have set up for mowing duty, and then rotate them so they all get some use every few weeks.

According to a book I have ( 50 years of cub cadets By Oscar H Will, I really recommend it) your cub cadet was made in February of '68. I'v got a 102 that i mow with all the time and it works great. Make sure that there is no dirt cake around where the blades spin.

Latest posts

Back