• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cadet 85 Special

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjanulis

IHCC Supporter
displayname
wade janulis
Hi guys! I just recently acquired a Cadet 85 Special. I have a few questions concerning this bathtub Cub. What makes the 85 "Special"? How do I determine the year of my Cub? Also when I bought the Cub, the oil filler tube was broken. I have a parts Cub, but I'm not sure how to fix it..any suggestions? Thanks for your help!
Wade

Attachments

• 102513.jpeg
    102513.jpeg
    718.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 662.jpeg
    662.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 0
Hi guys! I just recently acquired a Cadet 85 Special. I have a few questions concerning this bathtub Cub. What makes the 85 "Special"? How do I determine the year of my Cub? Also when I bought the Cub, the oil filler tube was broken. I have a parts Cub, but I'm not sure how to fix it..any suggestions? Thanks for your help!
Wade
Here ya go.
http://ccmanuals.info/pdf/IH-GSS-1417.pdf

85 special refers to the rear bagger attachment. You have the vertical bars on the rear bumper where the bagger frame slides down to attach. I use one all the time and used the bagger all fall to pick up leaves.
John, thanks for the info! I only wish I had the bagger attachment to go with it. Any clue if they had a chart to determine the year of the Cub?

The model and serial numbers will get your year identified. Post them and or search for the charts that others have posted over the years. Here is a picture of what the bagger looks like as well as my restored model 60 and in progress model 95 electric which should be done this winter.

Attachments

• 20221106_150821.jpg
    20221106_150821.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221106_150811.jpg
    20221106_150811.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230207_153806.jpg
    20230207_153806.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back