• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Loaders pumps and a 982

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edale

displayname
Everett Dale
Hi all.

I've got a 982 and plan to build a loader for it this fall. I asked Joe on a previous thread about whether or not the Hydro was running his loader and hoe. He said that his had an external pump that ran them. What I want to know now is could the hydro pump enough fluid to run a loader? anyone know how many GPM it pushes? I assume I'd need a bigger reservoir?

If I need an external pump, does anyone have a suggestion where to get one without spending premium prices. I've seen some that would work that cost from $150 to $400, (new) I'd settle for a used one that would cost under $100

thanks

-Everettdale

You will definitely need an external pump. I can't help with sizing unless I sat down and analyzed it to death, but I can tell you that you can get good used hydraulic pumps at auctions and stuff...I've got piles of them that I've paid less than $10 for mostly. Same goes for valves and stuff like that.

Matt, Thanks for the reply, It is what I suspected. The plans I bought say to get a pump that will push 4 GPM or better at 3500 RPM with a pressure range of 1500 to 2500 PSI. It gives a few specific model numbers for a couple of sources but for the most part anything in the above range can be made to work.

So... You have piles of that stuff? Willing to sell any of it? I would be interested in a pump and a 4 way valve or a pair of two way valves. e-mail me directly if you are willing to sell and we can wok out the details.

-EverettDale

**[email protected]**

Latest posts

Back