Lets see all those off topic tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chaparral? (Not a clue).

56104.jpg

56105.jpg

56106.jpg

56107.jpg

Wizard was a Western Auto brand. I don't know if that's what that is but it'd be somewhere to start looking.

Well, You guys already know I own the green ones but you may not know I have this SS/16 TWIN Sears that came with a deck, 3 point hitch & Sears moldboard plow.
64280.jpg

It is powered by the 16 HP Onan and seems to run fine. I may try it out mowing some of our tall grass if it ever stops raining long enough to dry off!
happy.gif

Nice Sears, I had one with a Tecumseh 12 HP Overhead Valve engine. Ran and worked great, the high / low range trans is nice. All I had with mine was the mower deck, tall grass should be no problem especially with that power house ONAN.

I was working in the yard today and took a few pictures. Here is a picture of my Farmall A and my 1955 Ford F-700. I am looking into the possibility of modifying a Lowboy snow blade to work with the Farmall A, the A has a manual rear lift so I will have to figure out a plow frame for under the tractor and lift system, anyone ever done anything like this, I could use some advice? Should be an interesting project.

65461.jpg

TOM S. - I agree with Kraig...That F-700 is SHARP! What kind of box is that? Hoist? Assume it's got a 292 or 312 & 4+2?

Digger, I know I probably should have, just that for some reason I like this section and there hasn't been any posts for a while so I figured I'd post something new.

Thanks Kraig and Dennis, I like em too. The Ford has a 256 V8 and your right Dennis, its got the 4 speed + reverse and split axle. Its just got a stake bed right now, no hoist. The transmission does have a pto so adding a hoist may be a project for the future.

TOM - My Uncle still has His '56 F-750 farm truck He bought brand-new...about a 14-16 ft grain box & hoist. I still see it setting outside behind the barn from Interstate 80 going down to visit family in IL....paint (red) is REALLY faded and I imagine it has LOTS of rust but it'd be an easy restore. Probably has a Million miles on it. Dad had an F-350 SRW pickup when I was a kid....Those mid-50's Ford's were cool trucks. I drove a '60 vintage F-750 spreader truck for the township road commissioner one summer. We used either sand or limestone chips about the size of Kitty litter to cover up the road oil on dirt roads. The F-750 was rated about 32,000# gross and one day I weighed a load of chips....I was a little Over-Loaded, about 45,000# gross. But it was all short trips and I had good tires and so-so brakes and the truck had been run that way for YEARS. It was only a problem when I helped the neighboring Township sand roads that had a LOT more hills than Our township. It also had the 4+2 but the 292 and it was a bit underpowered when loaded.

Dennis,

I have viewed your Uncles Ford many a time, and often wondered if it would be restorable.

I sold a very nice 55 Ford last year and am starting to miss it.

Steve - My Buddy is trying to sell Me His Dad's '54 F-2 pickup....I've been close enough to It that I know it would be a $$$$$ pit!
I should take the scenic route home sometime and visit Kenny. There's a 300 FARMALL and a 3010-D that I can't believe someone hasn't offered Them crazy $$$$ for yet sitting back by the silos too.

Hey guys, look what followed me home last week. Isn't she beautiful?

69210.jpg

Carey

I think I've got a cub that could qualify as needing more work than that. At least it has a loader.

Here is my Sears ST/10 after a heavy snowfall last Spring. It's always been a nice little garden tractor, although 16" of heavy snow is a bit much for it!
69306.jpg
69307.jpg

I did not want to start a new thread, so here I go. I am going to inherit my grandfathers 1952 Bolens cultivator, with a two hp clinton engine as soon as I can pick it up, only 175 miles away at my brothers house. I couldn't find a pic of one online. Does anybody outhere have a pic of one. I would like to see what I am getting

First of all... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

Okay... here's my question. Anyone remember the very short time that Menards tried marketing a farm tractor? I remember seeing only one around Maquoketa, Iowa in the early 1980s. The owner absolutely loved it. I know that Scale Models also produced a toy version. It was their generic tractor painted the Menards tractor color of which I remember being somewhat a burnt orange. Menards guaranteed 24 hour shipment of virtually any part needed for repair from their Wisconsin headquarters/warehouse. If I recall also they were Fiat tractors.

has anyone heard of a david brown tractor?I have a co worker that has one he will sell me for 500 dollars.just dont know anything about them besides that case is somehow involved now.the rear half of the tractor is david brown now the front half if garrage built (quite well)with a 302 ford v8 as power.the guy says it runs.so what do you think
jason

We tried out a new one on the farm back in the early '70s and didn't care for it ... I'd give 500 for it sight unseen. As far as working it as a tractor it most likey wont have a gov on it unless they put on a belt drive one. I built a Vega 140 powered MM once and ran a 62" tiller and didn't need a gov. 40 foot burnouts and wheelies !

Latest posts

Back