• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Lets see all those off topic tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
46305.jpg

Charlie:
May be the wave of the future, though. I bought it, cause I wanted something as tough as the 129 has been. I've already started using it for all of the "trailer "chores that the Cubbie originally got. (I can back a trailer in almost anyplace, it's easier for my 60 year old joints to steer and I can actually sit back and prop my feet up while running around the yard at 10 MPH), but you're right, it's only a half-trac.... BTW - I'm looking at fabbing a push blade for it - something about the possibility's of pushing snow with a ZTR fascinate me (and it's got lots of hydraulics !!!!) I'll see if I can find a pic of my old MF 8 horse or the Bolens though, just to do the right thing here....

Kendell they make those in YELLER ya know !
shamey shamey shamey on you !!!
bottom.gif

Ken:
Ken - I tested yeller, green and orange. I was looking for something that would last somewheres near as long as I've had my 129 ( going on 22 years) with as little trouble as possible. Because of this, the only thing I considered were the commercial models. I drove 'em all and looked 'em over pretty close before buying (with that leaf collector on the back, we're talkin' almost 9 grand, so I was pretty serious...). Orange felt the solidest, drove the best and is also what about 90% of the commercial guys use around here. The yeller dealer (since gone under) was 30 miles away and didn't seem interested in making a sale, the orange dealer is 4 and is where I get most of my L&G stuff, cause he treats me right. I felt that both the yeller and green were overpriced (compared all three without the refuse collector systems). I've had the mower for two seasons, used a green one this summer that the neighbor got at the same time I got mine (mowed their yard while they were gone) - still wouldn't trade - thing felt like it was gettin' loose all over. There are no yeller ones (commercial ZTRs) in our area. With apologies to CCC/MTD, who keeps our hobby going, I'd still buy orange.

BTW, this had nothing to do with the decision:
46473.jpg

Here's my off topic tractor, a 1973 Allis Chalmers 620.

46487.jpg

46488.jpg

Charlie, bummer, you'd have liked the AC720!
For those that don't know the AC620 and the AC720 are the same tractor just a name/decal change. Here's another picture of the AC620 note the tiller. BTW, I need a new seat again the wood base finally gave out on that one.
happy.gif

46549.jpg

Here's my dad's new (last year) tractor a JD X585 4WD. This was taken last May up at the cabin when we were cutting some trails through the property.

46550.jpg

Here's my off topic contribution. 1998 4100
46552.jpg

Charlie:
To make up for my bad.. here's the next door neighbors '55 A-C CA. I've been getting seat time on this one for about 30 years. When a lawn tractor just isn't quite big enough..
46676.jpg

This one I saw at the Oakley, MI show a year
ago... for when you need something a little bigger
46677.jpg

This was also at Oakley -would we get a "Case-IH Cub" if we crossed it with the big guy in the last picture?
46678.jpg

Lemme try this again, It's still IH, but I've never seen a yellow Industrial Farmall A before...
46692.jpg

OK -You win fer big, but this sure is pretty..
46699.jpg

On a different note, check out the size of the mower deck on this homebuilt (and the iron plumbing).Can't remember if the blades were timed. This one's a favorite because the Novo engines were built here in Lansing (I've got a 1 1/2 horse Novo Junior that came out of the Novo factory when Demmer Tool and Die bought the building to set up the production line to build the 442 Hurst Olds).
46700.jpg

OK, what's up with the display order of messages ??

Hey Charlie! This ones for you. This is a Big 4 pulling out a Buffalo-Pitts tarctor in 1911. The Big 4 was made in Minniapolis.
46726.jpg

TMy Ford 1100 4X4 gettin' at it last summer at the Sycamore Show Steam show.
46761.jpg

Ken:
If you look at the first pic I posted (on 11/30), you'll see a tire, just behind the back end of the Scag... Also you'll see a little yellow, just behind the seat.. That's the long suffering 129 - see --- we did actually post a Cub in the OT section for ya to look at.!!!! Don't go away........

Back