• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Lets see all those off topic tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've all been flappin our pie holes here, but I'm not seeing pics of any tractors!!!!!
Maybe Tom has some more of his Blue Oval Special?

OK Charlie,
Here's some "OT" pix.
48991.jpg

Last year was the 50th. anniversary of the Sycamore Steam Show. For the 50th. they wanted to have 50+ steamers, and they got 'em.
48995.jpg

Tom,
The big Deere with the 2 scrapers doesn't happen to be from Plote does it? The rig does look aweful fimiliar.

Wes,
Nope, that's one of the company's that I work for now. Those pictures were taken last August at a my job in Pleasant Priarie Wisconsin.

Tom,
I probably still have seen it since where I used to work was about the only dealership that sold those units. Plote was the main customer but we had about 4 or 5 other customers also. I lost track of how many of those scrapers and special 4WD's they sold.

WES - HAMBURG around Madison has a couple of those danged green things too..... You know who designed the hydraulic package to run those scrapers don't You? He's just started posting again now and then....And I don't mean Ken Weaver. According to the Designer it takes WAY more GPM & PSI to run two pans than ANY piece of ag. equipment with the possible exception of a brand new corn planter.

Those scrapers being pulled by the big John Deere must be more common than you would think. I'm in VA and they have used the same set-up here a few places. James River equipment was the name on the machine

Well, I have a few off topic tractors too. This one isn't too off topic though!
happy.gif
I've had this Farmall M for over 20 years. My neighbor bought it new in 1950.
49651.jpg

I got it out of the shed and cleaned it up this last week. After 10+ years of sitting in the corner, it took some work to get it running again.
After cleaning the gas tank and installing a new battery + finally getting good gas to run to the carb and changing spark plugs and cleaning up the distributor, she took right off. The owners manual was a big help and has lots of tips for putting the tractor into and out of storage. Sure was fun to run around the barnyard with it again tonight.

Here's my off-topic tractor. It is a 1959 Copar Panzer T60 that I restored for my daughter. The picture was taken in 2004 at an antique steam and gas show. It was set up in pulling form here but I have the 6x12 bar tires for showing and I can drop off all the pulling gear stuff.

49711.jpg

49712.jpg

Greg - that's a sweet looking little Panzar, probably the nicest one I've seen on the net.

Greg, I agree with KENtucky, that is one sweet Panzer! I really like the rear rims. Ya know, that paint is so shiny that KENtucky could even use it to look into to shave.
angel.gif

Here is one I had for a few months. It took up too much room in the shed, so I got rid of it. It was a 70's model MTD. Now I wish I kept it. That should be a lesson to you all.

Now if I could just get up to WI to get those two tractors Lonnie is giving away.....

49733.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments. I will try to post some pictures later that show what it looked like when I got it. Here is an action shot at a pull about 2 years ago. The wheels are custom made with a computer cut center "Star" pattern and a special 11" wide wheel with a 2" backspace (Panzers will not accept any more than 2" backspace due to the Mopar drum brakes)
49741.jpg

Steve,
Those 2 are still sitting out there in the back yard, just waiting for a new home.

Latest posts

Back