• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Lets see all those off topic tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looked fine we'll try again.

52017.jpg

52018.jpg

Oh, now that I got the camera figured out I got some more pics to take and post. I should post a couple of the "The Beast" 77 2wd F250 that I almost put bobcat rims/ags on for offroading. THAT would be a completely off topic tractor.

Earl - you know that after 8 pic post you have to pay $4.95 per pic don't ya?

Let me guess, the address on the bill is from you right Ken?

I finally got some plowing time in with my Case 644 loader. A few buddies and I replaced the mechanical fuel pump which was leaking and not pumping correctly causing the engine to starve for fuel with an electric fuel pump. She really runs good now with new electric fuel pump and we did a complete hydralic system oil change in the fall so it has plenty of push-power. Here are a couple of pictures of my buddy Rob plowing. I will try to take bigger pictures next time, still figuring out the camera phone.
52264.jpg
52265.jpg

You can blame it partially on me Charlie. I was there and didn't think to take them at all! Should have told him to stop and get the actual camera out!

Well, I thought I had set my camera for higher resolution, but I must have done something wrong. Pics aren't better res, but here they are anyway. We had really wet heavy snow today in Northern Illinois today, the loader was having a hard time but got the job done well.

52330.jpg
52331.jpg

Rob plowing snow
52332.jpg
52333.jpg

Earl plowing snow

They still make those old Case tractors. My neighbor bought one last year. They are now called Ingersol Rand and are sold at a few dealers here and there. He darn near convinced me to get one, but I just don't have $4500 sitting around.

Steve- I sure do like mine, my buddy Earl saw it at a garage sale and told me about it. Next thing I knew I was asking my other friend Kevin if he could give me a hand bringing it back to my house with his trailer(he was on his way back from a Plow Day in Pennsylvania when I called him.) I originally wanted it for a gravel pjoject I was doing next to the garage. I had 8 yards of gravel trucked in and the loader couldn't handle it. I ended up moving it all by hand. After I did a hydralic system flush and filled it back up with new Rottela 20W 50 I was back in business. It sure does do a nice job in the snow!!!!

We went to a show down at the mall in Newark, Ohio this evening. And help a freind of mine move his tractors in for the show. This is my son Maverick. My friend has the whole set of jd patio's. Charlie the bolens on the end is for you!
52661.jpg

52662.jpg

Nate - Looks like a pretty cool show! Too bad we don't have lawn tractor shows in our malls around here.

Tom - Nice acquisition!!! Looks like a Super A I saw at an auction in McHenry a couple weeks ago.
happy.gif
Nice find!!!

So....

I was out working on the 882 yesterday, and I see my neighbor pulling down the drive with this "machine" on the back. Apparently He found it in the woods on a job site where he was hauling scrap away. Thought I needed another toy to mess around with. (payment for fixing his Bolens 1250 hydro. Sunstrand 15!!!)
53244.jpg

Only the sleeve hitch and front blade with it. Single tranny. I tried to find out some info on them last night, but my head got dizzy from all the "info sites". Can anyone give me a little info on these.

It actually looks like a pretty neat tractor. Depending on if it's worth anything or not, I may turn it into my frankenstein! Put a hydro pump in place of the pto. Full hydro and maybe a loader?...

Thanks, Dave

David C: Engineering Products Company of Waukesha Wisconsin made & sold that tractor under the Economy, Jim Dandy & Country Squire brands that I know of (and maybe others). I have a 1962 price list indicating that they were priced about like the Cub Cadets of the day. They had mower decks and a full range of normal garden tractor implement options like turning plows, discs, harrows, sickle bar mowers, etc. From photo differences, your tractor probably is a much later model than the '62 info I have.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

David

Nice deal, I wish I had neigbors like that!!!! My buddy Kevin has a Jim Dandy he is in the process of restoring.

David
Nice find, those old Economys are monsters. A friend of mine has one that was his Dads and it is unstoppable. Ive only used it to pull logs but it does it like nothings even back there. His is a 12 hp with double tranny. His has smaller front tires though. Not sure what year it is. His dad would take it to the tractor pulls and make us all look bad on our cubs. He would hook on to that sled look at us, laugh ans sip his coffee as he pulled the sled out the back door. Then they finally put it in with the big wheel tractors and it still gave the full sized cubs a run for there money.

The Jim Dandy's are cool machines. I've seen alot of them, ebay, other sites, and as far as Iknow you could get a 9 hp briggs or 10hp kohler that early on. Looks like you got the kohler. There are attachments that were made for a lot of things, loaders are definitely an option. As far as frankensteining it, don't go to far, they are worth alot, I saw one that was originally full hydraulic with loader go for,not kidding, $15,000.
It was on ebay. This tractor was completely restored and completely original. I know of quite a few around me including one my buddy's got, has the 9hp briggs tho, Gonna put a 10hp kohler from a case, direct bolt in. Those are nice, fun machines that are really heavy duty. Enjoy it!

Latest posts

Back