• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Lets see all those off topic tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew that when I wrote this the question would be asked! HAHA!! the wife is still around! I found it less than 1 mile from my house while glassing some turkeys. My daughter helped me load the tractor snowblower and 60inch deck with my Agco then we brought it home to catch the "Wrath" So down the road it went less than a day later. only good thing that came out of it is I made 150% profit. Now the wife thinks tractors are pretty cool!
150769.jpg

150770.jpg

Trent,
OK, Listen and learn from a old married guy. It's great that you made the 150% on the tractor, <u>BUT</u> always tell the wife you made something like 10% profit on it. She'll be more than happy with the extra $$$$, still tractors are cool, and you got the 140% in you pocket for the next tractor. Get it??

Bolens really aren't my thing but a smoker....I'd sleep outside with my dogs before letting one of those go !!

theres one fella in our town who always ran a Bolens garden tractor. dont realy know of him or what type of tractor. i,myself have wondered about the history of them. were they good? to tell the truth, those two look respectable, as well as the MF-10.......useing the IH Cub Cadet as the scale of margine.

JOHN - My old co-worker had a 20 HP ONAN powered Bolens, sounds like it compared pretty well with My 982. Not sure if His Bolens had the Cat O 3-pt, rear PTO & steering brakes like My 982 but I'm sure they were avail.
The local L&G equip. dealer in my old home town sold Bolens for a while back in the 70's, they were in the Good old IH dealers building by then. I remember looking at a tractor similar to the one Trent posted the pic of that had Front Wheel Assist on it. Really cool for a tractor that small.
Only problem My Co-worker had with His was all the attachments were shaft driven and the splines on the shafts & couplings would wear & strip out over time and THEY WERE EXPENSIVE! You could buy a life-time supply of V-belts for what one shaft & coupling cost!

hi all the wheele horse is ready for paint i finshed up the gaurds for the belt lastnight the big belt seems to work fine so im leaving that but covering it up safty first if those word can go with this tractor
151179.jpg

Darren- well, how about that! neat! whats the c-clamp doing?
draw.gif
keep the picts. coming in when ya can!

thanks John the clamp was holding the motor to the mounts so i could drill the holes with out the motor moving around

little more progress on the wheel horse one more coat of paint and put the running board on and as long as the little koler Cooperates and runs good itll be done hopefully by the week end
151380.jpg

Darren, how do you have the steering set up on that? Could you post a detail shot of the steering and linkages?

Been meaning to post this...

151395.jpg

Kraig
this is the only pick i have but i used the stock stearing arm in the center of the frame the tierods conect to and i just added about 2ft to drop it down to the tires yes its not the best idea but it works good except about a half turn of the stering wheel is a full turn at the wheels this might give you a better idea ill take some more pick this weekend hopefully ill have it done

151398.jpg

Here's what followed me home this past weekend. And 817 Gravely with a 16.5hp Onan Engine. 50" Deck, 30" tiller, and a 418 J Haban Sickle Mower, See the Classifeds Off Topic Section. Will the wife's help I've decided to NOT keep this....
151507.jpg

151508.jpg

151509.jpg

OK, went back to my "Brownie" camera so I don't have to go through the resizing BS. I can't believe it, but I own a Dear John.
yikes.gif

151616.jpg

Not sure how your Deere is geared, but ours at work is too fast for a tiller. Good tractor though.

ST,
The 650 has a 8 speed, I'm sure I can find a gear that I can work with.

TOM I really think H*ll has frozen over now!
explotar2jr.gif
Remember what My DAD always said about jd tractors, "I keep one of the &%@#$ things around to remind me to NEVER buy another one!"

I gotta' tell ya', I was REALLY torn on buying this one. It was like....I don't know. Even the neighbors said that's the wrong color, and they're "city Folks". I've never had a JD before! When you put the JD 650 next to the IH 234 you get a real feel for the different tractors. The 650 was the rival to the 234 in size and HP. I've said it before, "They all made great machines and they all made s--t too!" That goes for CAT, FORD, JD, IH, GM, DODGE,........ They can't be ALL good.

Back