• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Lets see all those off topic tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad, Cool video! I like the last put with the IH pulling into the sunset with OL' GLORY waving!!

Actually, Tom that was the event organizer(Kyle Hoffman) on a 1466. First time the tractor was used at a pull. Also one of my best shots of the day.

167773.jpg

Ok...I'm bored to death. Gonna be bringing a new toy home to restore with my step daughter so lets play the "guess the o/t tractor game". Lets start with a thumbnail....

170193.jpg

Looks like a Wheel Horse with the hood trimmed to fit a different engine..

I still say it's a Bolens, something like this but maybe a tad newer
170252.jpg

It does have the white colored steering wheel that were common on older Bolens

Huh! So does Dave T. win a prize maybe? The frame made me think Bolens, but then again Ive never heard of a Springfield!!
crazy.gif

Yep...he can go to his fridge and have a beer on me
lol.gif

That the first one I've seen too. I guess all the literature marketed them as a garden tractor but I don't think I would dare put it through what our Cubs go through....

I think I have one of those, I got it from dads shop. somebody dropped it off and never came back. I put a deadman throttle and clutch on it. I chopped the hood down put air tires (it had hard rubber) on the front, bigger tires on the rear. I think that one was 4 hp. 24" cut but I pulled the deck. Two speed tranny (forward and reverse) I painted it blue and let my 4 year old son have it. He used to follow me around the yard when I was out on my mower. I still got it, I'll try and get a picture of it sometime this week.

Dave I must have one like you described. Hard rubber front tires... non adjustable small diameter steel tie rods that bend very easily.

Must have been a lawn tractor style, I have seen one like that...well tire wise anyhow. It was a mid '50s, weird lookin. This one is supposedly a garden tractor, 3 forward gears one reverse and basically the same size as our Cubs. I've been talkin to a guy in W Va who has 6, he said not to use it like we do the Cubs as it's not built as strong. That and he said the hitches on these bend fairly easily. So maybe I'll build a 4 wheel wagon for it.

My stepdaughter wants a project with me so we're gonna restore it, all but the engine. I'm sure I can fit a Briggs V-twin in there without any cutting
Shift.gif

Yea, I ended up brazing a piece of steel across the top of the spindle and made the rods out of something. I'll get it out, that usually gets the memorys going. It's so small he was grown out of it by the time he was six. I just last year found anouther engine for it, old 4 horse off a rototiller.

It came home with me last night. It turns out to be in real nice shape especially the deck, it's as close to perfect as you could find and doesn't look to be used much. It has that lowrider look to it too. Now to decide what to power it with....

179247.jpg

Brendan, I know where you can get some engines! I know where there are at least 2 or 3 good B+S engines, and 2 Kohler twins if you want to "hot rod" it!!!
bubbly.gif

hhhmmm............
lol.gif

The part that bothers me the more I think about it is last summer I gave a Briggs v-twin vert shaft to a neighbor kid for his lawnmower...doh..

Brendan, is the kid still using the mower? If not, ask for it back. <font size="-2">Ya, I know, its called 'Indian Giving', but who cares.</font>
shhh.gif

Latest posts

Back