Going Pink with your Cub IH

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok,now I see a how a new page comes up now. duh, although I have gray hair, at times it looks blonde..hehehe

angel.gif

Yes it was so cold that day. My dad an kids just had to go out an play. They left sick ole me in the house...lol

Ill look an see what other pics I have of me and get another posted.I hear ya about the blonde hair..ha ha

I recently found some time on my hands and got curious about the history of Pink Cadets on the Forum, and in fact, the history of all things pink on the Forum. My search turned up 116 pages with 189 instances of the whole word “pink.” I discovered that the Forum records only three Cub Cadets ever having been intentionally painted pink, with a report of a fourth tractor painted pink by a former owner. Of the three pink Cub Cadets reported and photographed, only one was painted pink by a forum member: Chris Rolke.

Chris finished construction of the pink narrow-frame 72 CC complete with 3-point hitch and a plow for his daughter in late May of this year 2012.

246041.jpg

Forum member Vince Thomley posted pictures of a pink pulling tractor, a Quiet Line model unknown, on at least two occasions since February 2008.

246042.jpg

246043.jpg

Another pink Cub Cadet, is the wide-frame 129 which belongs to the the daughter of the sponsor of the Cub-a-Rama, pictures first appearing on the forum in 2009. Dave Ross perceives the color of this tractor as "full on lavender."

246044.jpg

As a footnote, Steve Shaff of Sterling, Illinois complained of finding his new-to-him model 72 painted an ugly pink/orange May 23, 2012.

For off-topic tractor aficionados, Kentucky Ken posted a link to a high resolution shot of a pink JD 110 which rivals Chris Rolke's gorgeous creation.

246045.jpg

246046.jpg

246047.jpg

The most common association of "pink" was with daughters, grand-daughters, and wives. Art Aytay was willing to yield on the color of his daughter's plow, but held fast on the color of his tractor; Dave Schwandt talked about painting one pink for his daughter, and "Big Steve" Blunier threatened to paint one pink for his grand-daughter Emma (although we heard nothing from "Mr. Plow" on the topic), Kraig McConaughey refused to entertain the possibility, Terry Reed contemplated painting a tractor pink for his grand-daughter, Frank Currier knows a man with a pink tractor (who lost a bet with his wife), Marlin Homrighausen recalls a man who always had an Oliver tractor painted pink for his wife; Jeff Baker thought Wyatt Compton ought to consider one for his daughter, Keith LeJeune related that his wife wants a pink and white one for breast cancer awareness, she's leaning toward Tropical Lavender, but only Chris Rolke went ahead and actually painted a tractor pink for his daughter. I guess we could give Richard Tunison partial credit, since he painted a computer pink for his grand-daughter, but he didn't want his own computer painted the same color.

A single plow got painted pink --the one belonging to Art Atay's daughter; and it was hand-lettered with special decals applied personally by the gift recipient.

246048.jpg

246049.jpg

Other notable tractor features accused of being pink include Melody Schutz's creeper gear and Don Vogt's rear end (of his tractor, that is).

246050.jpg

“Pink” is also used to describe the color of wires in Cub Cadets; wires for both the Starter/Generator and the Voltage Regulator. Art Atay and Bryan McMeen might still be arguing about the color of the S/G wire without photographic evidence.

246051.jpg

Brian Abram recalled filling tractor tires with pink lead back in 1969 while Kentucky Ken fills his with “pink” RV antifreeze; while Kraig McConaughey uses the same substance to kill rodents by drowning.

Once the subject moves away from Tractors and Plows, other references to "pink" on the forum spread out to a host of topics include several references to the rock group Pink Floyd, the television show "Pinks", and the cartoon feature, "Pinky and the Brain."

Several people on the forum were "tickled" pink, or thought others would be, including Charlie Proctor (twice), Ray Leo, Jerry Tracy, Lyle Bury, John Naas, Ryan Wilke, and Chris Moore.

Pink also used at least twice to refer to areas on a weather map signifying particularly inclement weather, snow and/or storms, judging from the comments, the time of year they were posted, and the location of the poster or addressee.

Only twice is pink used to describe the color of flowers, the same number of times it is used to describe the color of rocks?

As might be expected, Kraig McConauhey's name is the one most associated with the posts, mostly because he seems to be in the thick of most conversations as well as being a prolific photographer in addition to his moderator duties.

Only Richard Chritensen reports being stricken with Pink Eye, and on vacation, no less.

Don't forget Don Tanner describing the color of the insulation he used in his shop.

Also, remember, if you're going the plow day at the Blunier homeplace, that PINK is the color of the Food Area, at least in 2006.

Pink is also used to describe the color of running shoes which figure prominently in the punch line to an hilarious joke related by Donald Tanner (who else?)

Cats get into the act for both Cathleen MacCleod and Kraig McConaughey.

246052.jpg

Contact me for further details.
smile.gif

Jeremiah, OMG that was so funny ty for that post. Hard to believe that the word Pink was used so much.BTW real men wear pink,although Ken wont wear it,so I tease him not being a real man...lol

Yea,he gives me the LOOK QQ

246065.gif
Jeremiah. I am SO Empressed. What a great read, and history. That took you some time to pull together for all of us . Now we are all updated on Pink Cadets and more.!!

246066.gif
kitties and PINK !!Kraig~ Is that Selah in that adorable PINK bunny hat? To funny, although Selah looks rather traumatized by the dress up game. ((just kidding))..he's saying, aren't I just adorable as a bunny? Hey, Fancy would love to see Selah dressed that way roaming the streets of Colo when he and daddy are out in the truck, calling for bunnies. hehehe
angel.gif
Cathleen

Thank you, Kraig, I'm not going to tell you how long I worked on tracing the conversations through the threads, organizing the data, and sifting through it to find "the good stuff" before writing it up to share. I did learn a lot about how the search function works, though.
happy.gif

Amy, glad you liked it. If you painted your 104 pink, it would look a lot like Chris Rolke's 72.

Art, I'm so glad you caught the post, you figure prominently in many of the "pink" references on the Forum.
Your daughter is one of the luckiest girls ever, but we've never seen her face!
The guys must think a lot of you, because they never seem to pass up the chance to pick on you.
smile.gif

(Notice that I did NOT post the infamous "169+Pink Sandal Shot.")

Frank, I'm glad you enjoyed the post, and I hope you noticed that there is no association of an apron with your name.
(An author must be selective in the presentation of his material.)
cubwinker.gif

Edit: Cathleen, Yes, I believe that is Selah, the picture is what a cat is supposed to look like after eating a mouse that perished from drinking too much (pink) RV antifreeze, read the whole story in the Machine Shop: Pipe Bending: Archive through March 29, 2008.

HA HA HA ...we will have to keep the Pink going and see where we get to by this time next year.

Oh My Jeremiah..thanks for sharing a bit of the story why Selah has on pink ears~ lol..I read the story..!!

angel.gif

Jeremiah, Cathleen, yes that is Selah. My daughter dressed him up in a Mister Potato Head Bunny outfit. Here's one of him with Mr Potato Head's glasses as well.

246139.jpg

Sorry ya'll ive not been on as much this week as normal. Ive been in an out of the hospital doing tests.I get to stay home tomorrow YAY
happy.gif

OMG Kraig, Selah looks so put out. Like why do I have to DO THIS? hahaha. Poor little guy, but he must love
246307.gif
your daughter a LOT to put up with her antics. He's such a cool kitty.

Amy, sorry to hear you were stuck in the hospital for a week for tests. Yicks.! boring and boring more, ey? hope the results will help.

angel.gif
Cathleen

Jeremiah, That was too funny! Thanks for the laugh. Yes, Amy I do exist. I try to catch up on my reading on the weekends when I'm home. I drive truck during the week so I miss everything going on during the week. This is a great forum with good people. I have four CC's that I play around with when I have time. I pray that you will be feeling better soon. I would never paint my tractors anything but yellow or red. Guess I'm a purest.

Ya know, the more I ponder it, I believe I will stick with Yellow on my cubby ( 129). Pink would deter from the " badness" I want to protray. I mean who would think a pink cubby with the name " THE Anilalator" was a tough little machine if it was PINK? hahaha

angel.gif

Cath, I beg to disagree. Think PINK, add BLACK WIDOW and PREYING MANTIS and the ANNIHILATOR would bear her color well.
happy.gif

Frank C...
246409.gif
sooo true. That really does make complete sense.
246410.gif

in the ways of Native truths, all creature beings are our teachers and IF we watch and pay attention, we learn how to live in harmony,AND survive as all the creature beings do with the Earth Mother..SOOO, the Praying Mantis and the Black widow have taught we women what?
How to quietly seduce then destroy? ((insert evil laugh here)I hear the rumbling from the men that comment is SO TRUE.!! Many a woman have been mans downfall ( think of that first APPLE bite) Yet again, with my guy, he lovingly gave me the nick of " Angel", so obviously, I haven't fully learned the laws of nature or survival.!! But, I am getting by ((smiles))

angel.gif

edit: so what is that female praying for anyways? That I must learn... lol

well, it is spelled with an A, and she sure does PREY...hahaha. I looked it up before my last post, as when I saw your spelling Frank, I thought I was spelling wrong. And, well, seems I've been doing a LOT of mis-spells lately, so I going to be sure I didnt goof again. I put in preying matis, and usually when you spell it wrong it corrects and usually the response " did you mean"..but it didn't do that but took me right back to the prAying mantis links. Oh, and mantis in the english version of mandtis ,go figure.

is is any wonder why the spelling in the english language is so darn confusing? Should be prEying though, since she is out for the kill

angel.gif

Latest posts

Back