Going Pink with your Cub IH

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my speed:
245429.gif

Thanks, Marlin!
happy.gif

Little limp on right foreleg?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Frank C. Glad you can use that little Smiley.
happy.gif

Amy K. Way back when (in my younger days) I had some girls that actually wanted me to "appear" at their Bachelorette Parties. Something about either coming out of a cake or being a dancer. Tempting however they couldn't promise the no camera rule.
biggrin.gif

I must admit I love Dean. Now ,Marlin I wouldnt think youre that old...and Frank im sure you move faster than a turtle right ? Im the one who feels old these days,but my illness makes me that way some days
sad.gif
Im 42 an some days feel like im 82 an some days I feel 22.

I do enjoy my music while I work out in the garage or in the house. I need to get busy out in the garage again .Im hoping to get my cub painted too before its too cold outside.

Amy K. I think this is more your style of music.... Chi Coltrane. How about this for working on your Pink cub Cadet? Be sure to turn up the volume. I grew up around all kinds of music. Still have my Holton Galaxy Trumpet and Holton Artist Fluegelhorn.

Ohhh wow thats a blast from the past. I was 2 years old then ;) I listen to a wide range of music though. I like some of the new modern pop,this is a popular song currently....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic

But ,I will say I love my C&W too,from the old bluegrass to the new pop country.

Hi Amy k, I'm Marlin's " Angel" or Cathleen/Cath as the guys call me on the boards..lol. he's been talking about your thread and what all's been shared and i said where is this thread at,so this morning he showed me around some of the other boards.. amazing. I think its very cool your going with a PINK Cubby. for sure the BF won't be riding it.hehehe. so anyways, I finially meet up with you...hi girlfriend. I have a cubby too, rightfully called the " annialator"..seemed fitting, the opposite of my angel imagine. Now now marlin, I don't get fussy with your cubby purchaes.. do I? hehehe.. that's his thing but its become my thing too and I so enjoy sharing his hobby. Either love them or live in a very unhappy/boring environment.

Last week Ryan Mc. got a cubby and they brought it here, and I said, that isn't the original front for that cubby..and they were both totally amazed. Seeeee, I pay attention, even though it may seem as though I'm not. We've met really nice members of this forum. When their traveling through iowa they stop in.

Ryan Mc, a member here, he and marlin hang out and do cubby stuff. When Ryan buys another cubby in this area, it ends up here before he gets it taken back to eastern Iowa. He goes to school in Ames, just 15 minutes away, and its always fun when he comes out and spends the day working on tractors with Marlin. lol, None of Marlins cubbys sit out and he insisted that one that Ryan got go in the garage to, so they had to make room and I think put some things down in the shed. Our kitty Fancy adores Ryan and last week-end Ryan took him for a virgin voyage on one of his cubbys. I didnt watch, but Marlin said Fancy was giving him the look like, oh, aren't you jealous..lol. I wasn't sure if Fancy would ride with Ryan, but he did. Now they are BFF and Ryan always has to get Fancy, well, sometimes he's already on one of his latest buys when pics get taken, but Fancy always has to be in the pics that Ryan takes when he brings a new cubby find ...to funny. Tractors look better with a large/fat black cat sitting on them.! Oh, Fancy has his own cubby too. NO kidding. Ask Fancy where his cubby is, and he'll go right to it in the garage. Some days Fancy quietly works in the garage with marlin. he's good at finding screws that he drops. haha.

I'm so sorry to hear about all your health issues realated to your service in Desert Storm, and thank you for serving our country dear woman. I have health issues too, but don't talk much about it..pain is just a fact of life for me. So I can certainly be empathetic to your suffering.

look forward to getting to know you and to enjoy your progress with your cubby.

angel.gif

Hi Cathleen
happy.gif
So nice to see another lady here,I was thinking am I crazy to be on a site with all guys ? LOL

I will say though everyone has been polite and sweet and very professional.

Ive lived with pain for a few years now an there is no cure as of yet,but I stay hopeful. I do my part to spread awareness when I can.It seems not just one illness goes with this there seem to always be several.

I have POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome),Congestive heart failure,Neurocardiogenic syncope,Mast Cell,Chronic fatique . Those are the main ones,which is way more than I want.

I look forward to chatting with you,so nice to meet you ,Huggles

Amy

wave.gif
Hi again Amy. wow, the beginning list of your illness'a are quite serious. Just CF alone is such a difficult disease,PLUS the other challenges and heart problems you face. I shall keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I have a 129 Cubby with a 14h engine. Maybe next spring it can get the little work it needs done and get painted. Wondering if I should steer away from yellow? don't want to go pink, or do I? I have a pink IH/cubby baseball cap, so perhaps that would go well with a cubby? I like the gulfstream blue color. umm, will have to think on it. Something should set it apart from all of Marlins cubbys, right?

I usually post over in the sandbox area..where the misc. off cubby topics are. I dont get much into the discussions on the workings and challenges of repairs and keeping the cubbies running.

yeah, the guys are all great.. and its nice to have another gal here.
thumbsup.gif

have a great day..
angel.gif
Cathleen

Hello again Cathleen,

Yes,I feel we should have our own distinct colors for our cubs
happy.gif
I have a 1969 IH 104.This used to be my grandpas,he bought it brand new then along with the snow thrower.I remember as a lil girl I spent lots of lap time with grandpa on the CC. Those were some wonderful memories. I hope someday one of my kids will decide to take the time for enjoyment like I have. They already have some good memories of their own of being pulled behind it in the winter on their sleds,or lap time with me mowing.

I make it to the sandbox now an then...we can always chat here too,guys will see the PINK and steer away...ha ha

Huggles,Amy

Ladies:
245690.png

It dawned on me today that Pink is the Breast Cancer Awareness Color.
happy.gif

Frank, yep, Pink Ribbon.. and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. ( thanks for the reminder)

So Amy, you think the topic of PINK is going to keep the guys away? I doubt it.

thats really awesome, that you now have your Grandpa's cubby,, and all the childhood memories you have and have blessed your own with..very special indeed.

so marlin was reading my posts and said," Oh, so you want to paint your cubby a different color"? haha..so at least my guy isn't going to steer away.He'll be here to see what I say. hahaha.. ((just kidding Marlin.I know you talk to Amy too.))

The only memory I have of mowing grass is by using a reel/push mower as a child. My parents didnt trust me with anything else and for good reason. I was/ am a klutz.

Oh, we had a neighbor on the corner, and all us kids called him Uncle Harold. He had a lawn tractor and one day he gave me instructions on how to drive it..and all that and I promptly ran it right into the fence. Need I say more? I didnt get a second chance on the tractor either. lol. However, he did trust me enough to take me flying and I actually logged 372 hours in private aircraft, and I did learn how to take off and land. I couldnt drive a tractor BUT I could fly a plane. What? lol. only thing, my legs weren't long enough for the pedals, so Uncle Harold had to work those. gosh, those are great memories..precious. I loved nothing more then flying, or on week-end he and his wife would go boating up the river and have lunch on a sandbar, and I was always the kid who got to go along. I guess I wasn't the obnoxious one..hehehe..

So, how many kids do you have? I have a daughter who is 38 and 5 grandkids, 3 girls and 2 boys.

angel.gif

Cathleen,

I have two kids. I have a son who will be 21 on Dec.22nd this year.Hes joined the Navy an leaves for boot camp Jan 15th.Im so proud of him,hes so grown up....

My daughter is 18 and not really sure what she will do after she graduates High School this year.Shes discussed college,but shes also discussed going into the Navy also.

No grandkids yet,but im sure in a few years ill be enjoying some grandbabies
happy.gif

Amy, I'm sure you're very proud of your son going into the Navy. Also sure you're going to be the typical mom and miss him and worry, but for sure, after boot comp, he'll be home again, and that young one who left returns a man.! Sounds like the Navy would be a good op for your daughter if she doesn't have any other plans.

ah, grandkids will come one day (( smiles)) Marlin has 5 granddaughters and a grandson

Oh oh, Meloday S is another woman here. Marlin and I were just talking about her, nice things of course (( smiles)) last night. Can't forget Meloday..not sure how I forgot her. Sorry Mel.!

Oh Amy? how about a pic of your 104 and You with it? would love to see both. (( hint hint))..

Ok,I didnt have any of me on the cub,but I found one of my dad using it with the snow thrower a few winters back. He was pulling the kids here but I had to crop it to make it work here...Ill take other pics an get some posted..

Well I saw the pic of the 104 on the other thread. Looked like it was a cold day for sure..

the one of you, should have lightened it up a little, but I'll be patient for new pics (smiles)) could put pic of you on the put a face with a name thread? I just put Marlins and Mine up there, since marlin showed me how to add it, I guess they started a new page? so that worked for me.

hugs
angel.gif
Cathleen

Latest posts

Back