• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Crown Vics P71

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff-
That's funny. About two weeks ago I found an ad on Craigslist from a guy selling a pair of steel rims for these cars. Although I was looking for 4 rims, I bought them because the price right. Ironically, it was an older gent who had the exact same year and model (2002 Grand Marquis) as ours, but his car was "old man mint".

Before I left I asked him if he happened to have the other two rims to make a set of four. He goes, "Yeah, but they're kinda rusty. If you want them, I'll sell them for $20 for the pair" He digs them out, and they didn't look that bad, so I took them.

Anyway, a light sandblast and some quick paint, then fast-forward to last Wednesday I'm picking up the rims with a new set of Goodyear Ultra Grip Winter tires mounted on them. Here's a stock pic of that tire from the inter-web.

291769.jpg

Goodyear had a deal where you save $80 if you sign up for their credit-card. So, yeah... Great minds think alike!
happy.gif

I wouldn't mind finding a set of plastic "Mercury" hubcaps for these rims. I'd hate for our car to look like a P71. LOL!
beer2.gif

Art you know I want some pics of yours posted.

I got a good deal also with the Bridgestone Blizzaks with the credit card application. I made it out the door for 498 with all for mounted, balanced, with new stems.

I am looking for some steel rims to remount my tires that came off on. The blizzak is a true winter tire, and the Firestone prusuits that came off are still at 8/32.

Off topic do you have a updated 169 data you could post? you will have to post in the main forum due to too many non 169 owners whining about the 169 thread, and it got locked closed.

291782.jpg

Jeff-
Wow. You made out MUCH better than I did on these tires. D*mn tire-shop decided to sell me $20 worth of "nitrogen fill" without even asking. NO, I DIDN'T WANT IT!
bash.gif

Yes, I know the PURPOSE behind nitrogen, (shrinks less than air-filled tires in cold weather) but I have no problems checking the tires once a year to keep the 3lbs of pressure up if they're going to charge me without asking.

I'll get some pics posted up once we get the wheels mounted to the car once the show flies.

Jeff,
Cool vid. I remember you telling me that your Vic had that system. Err, I mean your wife's Vic.
cwm.gif
Sure wouldn't wanna be sitting in that back seat, though. Can you say "crunch".
Shift.gif

The weather-guessers are saying we're supposed to get 12+" snow in the next 36hrs. (I'll believe it when I see it!)

Anyway, figured that was reason enough to get the snow-tire installed on the Merc.

291980.jpg

After getting them installed, we took it for a cruise to see how they ride. Turns out they rode great. No different than a standard all-season tire. We do need to find a set of Mercury hubcaps for it though. I was worried that the car might look like a cop-car with these wheels, but it actually has the "murder van" look to it.
uhoh.gif

Art, looks good to me. Do you notice if people slow down around you?

They are referred to as tuaraceptors and with depending on engine selection they are very fast.
The down fall is the repair cost when body damage happens.

I will keep the vic for now

My buddy just picked up this 2010 CVPI P71, very clean only 100,000 miles with ONLY 42 idle hours, and ballistic drivers door panal.
It looks white but is a RARE color called light gray.

292519.jpg

292520.jpg

Jeff,
Your buddy picked up a nice ride.
beerchug.gif

Does it have a fire suppression system in it like yours?

I have owned 2 96 merc cougars, we still have the 94 Tbird. All 3 of these cars leaked a lot of oil from the phony gasket between the block and the oil filter casting. They also used about 1qt a week after the leak was fixed. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever buy a Ford product with a 4.6 overhead cam V8

Ed, I have never seen a vic 4.6 leaking from there, I am not saying they don't, just never saw a vic leak from there. This is my first ford and now I want another vic.

Latest posts

Back