• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Crown Vics P71

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KRAIG -That's IT!
thumbsup.gif

Dennis, I love that scene

And yes my lighter works

I have a 4.6 liter interceptor = 281 cubic inchs

Jeremiah, I was turning about 2200rpm

found this old Grand Fury parked and had to put my car next to it
261961.jpg

Jeff - more interested in what looks like a set of deuce rails in the background ......

Gerry next time I go that way I will take a picture of the frame if it is still there. Here is a better pic of the car in the background
261980.jpg

It warmed up above freezing so she got a hot water hand wash

now ready to get dirty again

265730.jpg

265731.jpg

265732.jpg

took a picture of my dirty car next to it's active duty twin

266453.jpg

Ford had a steering recall, so I took mine in and here is the new steering part they replace.

283155.jpg

Not an official "P71", but a related story.

We've been casually looking for another set of cheap wheels as we have a new driver in the house.

Seems anything less than about $4K has 150K miles or more on it. This past Friday a coworker sends out the following email:
For Sale: 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis 122,000. $1,500

I called her right away she told me a bit about the car, and then she gave me the name of her mechanic and says, "give him a call if you want to know more". Long story short, the car was well maintained and recently had all 4 new tires, tie-rod ends, and rear brakes. The owner said the front brakes were bad. After speaking with the owner's mechanic, I called the owner back and shot her an offer completely expecting her to push back to $1,500, but she accepted.

I was expecting the car to run poorly or have a thrashed interior, but I stopped at the bank after work anyway to get some dough and headed to her house. This is what I found....

<font size="-2">Full Disclosure: Some of these pics were taken at her house, and some were taken at our house when we got it home.</font>

290696.jpg

290697.jpg

290698.jpg

290699.jpg

290700.jpg

290701.jpg

The car runs and drives like a dream. Everything works. Oh, and it only has 120,000 on it, not 122. LOL

I dug into the brake situation right away this afternoon.

290702.jpg

I guess the brakes were bad...

290703.jpg

Right now it looks like it's going to need front brakes, radiator hoses, serp belt, and front & rear shocks, so about $550 in parts should get it back up to 'reliable' status.

Art, I like it, I think you did good and at 120,000 you still have another 100,000 miles to go..

Try to get greasable tie rods.

Art, nice! So that's going to be Katie's car? Or does she get one of the other vehicles?

Jeff-
Thanks, I appreciate your help and guidance through the process of purchasing this vehicle. We're excited to get it back on the road with a few new parts. Picked up $380 worth of stuff to keep us busy this weekend.

Kraig-
Thanks for the compliment. At this point it's been made well-known that all of our vehicles are just that, "our vehicles"....as in, I own them and she just uses them.
biggrin.gif

It will be interesting to note during the first year who does more "parking by brail", the kid or her mother. Currently, Mrs. Plow Special has a good lead at the WIN in that category.
facepalm.gif

Art, buy "Mrs Plow Special" a "Smart Fortwo". They are small enough she should be able to easily see both ends. And they are short enough you can pull right in a parking spot and not have to do the parallel parking routine.
roflol.gif

290729.jpg

She might prefer one in this color:

290730.jpg

so to keep on topic, I would not want to be in either color if it got rearended and sandwiched between a vic and marquis,, can you say pancake

Art anytime,,

Art hows that vic doing??

My Victoria got a new set of winter boots put on yesterday,,Bridgestone Blizzak LM60s

291747.jpg

291748.jpg

291749.jpg

291750.jpg

291751.jpg

Jeff, you've got to be real proud of your Crown Vic to take pictures of it getting new rubber ! <font size="-2">(Either that or your kinda weird!)</font>
thumbsup_old.gif

Proud I am but Wierd is probaly the best definition although my wife claims its my OCD for vics

Back