Archive through September 09, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tschweizer

displayname
Travis Schweizer
Matt, the little friction machine IS rigged. We've had salesmen try to sell them to our parts dept to use before. It's been awhile and I can't remember what the trick was, but they are to sell whatever the product of the day is.

Matt G. -

ISO certified?
lol.gif
My last employer went thru the process of becoming ISO certified.

Essentially all it means is that they have defined their business practices, written them down in big books for the employees to reference, and pay big bucks to a consulting firm to say "yep, they follow those practices."

However, the joke in the industry (and subject of more than a few Dilbert cartoons) was that you can have BAD practices, but as long as you followed them, you were ISO certified.

Travis -

Here's how it's done: http://www.refrigtech.com/magic.html

I Googled "motor friction sales trick" and it was the second entry.

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 210
Bryan, you stole my thunder on ISO certified. My company I worked for is ISO certified which to me doesn't amount to a hill of beans. We had bad practices only made them good for when the ISO people would be there which I think required heads up. We were an OSHA nightmare but always managed to look good when the right people were around.

Paul W.
That is very sharp looking. I recently sanded, primed, and painted my QA36A with rattle can and it turned out pretty nice.

Hey all.

I am a loyal Royal Purple user.

When I lived in CA, my 95 Caravan with almost 100,000 miles blew as clean as a new car in the smog test. I used Royal Purple grease in the machines at work, and the bearings looked better than the service center of the manufacuturer of the machine had ever seen before on a machine with the hours it had on it.

In the winter, my van starts as if it is 70 degrees outside. My work truck with conventional 5W-30 pulls hard at start when it is cold.

THe stuff works. I am not discounting any other synthetics, just pushing what works for me.

It is hard to get past the purple color though, as it looks dirty even when it is clean.

Steven T. -

A lot of folks around here wouldn't be able to get past the PRICE
roflol.gif

Adrian G. -

Sorry 'bout that, but thanks for another ISO story. I know that Scott Adams doesn't do cartoons without some basis in fact
lol.gif

Weren't the "work instructions" books just a hoot?

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 220
  • roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 206
Bryan, reminds me of being "professional". All it means is you get paid
lol.gif

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 211
Travis -

That's about all being Microsoft certified means. So you can pass a test. Big deal. There's no practical experience to back it up.

BTW, for the techies... This post comes to you via my Dell Axim X5 with bluetooth card and Thunderhawk browser, tethered via bluetooth to my V551 cell with an EDGE connection.

Ah, the great oil controversy comes around again. Was getting worried, the cycle is a little late this year. Thank goodness we live in a society where we can make choices.

Has anyone ever had a really bad experience with a used car salesman? The marketing executives associated with some products (especially lubricating oils) seem to take this approach. They'll tell you anything you want to hear. Conversely, there exists excellent and legitimate information on the science of Tribology (study of friction, lubrication, and wear) and, more specifically, lubricating oils for internal combustion engines, all to be found via internet searches. For those really interested in how oil works, the chemical formulations, and additives used, this is the way to proceed. To believe in advertised info, questionable testing devices, or the color dye used in a lubricant, well, this doesn't do it for me. Too much like the used care salesman's pitch.

I think everyone should use the oil that works best for them.

Oh, maybe I'll get microsoft certified so I can understand what you just said
lol.gif

BTW, the ASE test for to get licensed for A/C work is the same way. The test questions have nothing to do with how to safely handle the stuff, AND it's open book.

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 216
Dave, in the automotive industry they're all good, AS LONG AS YOU CHANGE IT REGULARLY!!!!!

Steve,
No, It's $75 per side, $150 total, found places that charge more than that. Problem is, I can't find a flywheel and I know that may set me back more money. Spent about $250 for parts already.

Lets put this oil contorversy to rest once and for alL!!!!
3 YEARS AGO a guy by the name of Nick Graves said here! Use this stuff, I guarantee you that it will stop engines from smoking and will work better than any oil out there.
So I took some, put it in one of the ole huffers, and sure enough, it stopped smoking after about 2 hours running time.
NEXT, it went into out Tahoe, well that was even better, gas mileage increased by 5 GPM and the ole girl has 178,000+ on her and still runnin strong.
Don't believe me! Try it!
30623.jpg

Oh yea, damn garage sale got to me today for 25 bucks, LOL
30624.jpg

I knew I bought that van for somethin!

Attachments

• 30623.jpg
    30623.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 231
  • 30624.jpg
    30624.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 227
  • 30624.jpg
    30624.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 30623.jpg
    30623.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 219
Charlie, Nice VAN man !!
Just a quick story about the magic oil. Years ago I worked in a parts store & the salesman came in with his magic supplement to test against all our oils we had, Amazing he added a couple drops of his magic oil & piled on all the wieghts he had, ran cool & smooth. Then my boss says he has some of his own magic oil & the salesman is willing to put it to the test by useing the worst oil tested he added his magic formula & sure enough it took all the wieghts with no problem... Then my boss raises his magic glass & proceeds to drink it to the bottom.. told the salesman have a nice day & later told the amazed staff it was COKE

Can someone tell me if this is a Cub rim?
30627.jpg

Attachments

• 30627.jpg
    30627.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 221
  • 30627.jpg
    30627.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 216
I need a PTO belt for my 149 to drive a 48" deck. The pto pulley on the Deck is 5" diameter.
I went to the Autoparts store and got what they said is the right belt but it won't stay on. Please advise.
Thanks, Herb

Hello everyone,

I've got a little problem. My original has lost spark. It has a new VR, points, condenser, and plug. I am not getting spark at the plug or the points. I've checked all the connections and even replaced a couple of bad ones. I have a good battery as well. Everything on the electrical system is new or from known good sources. I am at a loss right now
bash.gif
. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 204
another 1250 question---has anyone changed the hydro control from the dash to being foot operated? I still surprise myself every now and then and almost end up with whiplash.(but pulling an occisonal wheelie is prime time fun in my book).
Also, what kind of steering setup do the guys use who have gone to a narrow front end use?

Don B.-

No.

Kevin D.-

If the points are new they may have an oily film or something like that. Wipe a piece of paper through there or file and re-gap them and see if that helps.

hello,a while back was looking for help to get my 62 original running,finally got it running,the wire going to the points was hooked up to the wrong screw,now its pouring gas out of the air cleaner,it has the oil bath air cleaner,the gas is pouring out when the air cleaner isnt on,but when it is on it fills up with gas the carb was giving me trouble before this,it would only run with the choke on,now it runs with the choke off but gas is pouring out where the air cleaner goes,any help would be much appreciated thanks jeff

Latest posts

Back