• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through September 02, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey All, anyone dealing with gas that has ethanol blends? Florida passed a law that requires up to 10% ethanol in all fuels. Seems be tough on the carb. gaskets and such. If a bowl is removed the gasket swells and is useless regardless of age. Any O/H kits avail. with ethanol in mind? Maybe the colorful button guys could answer this? Ray

ok im officially confused,
went to level some dirt today with my 100, was goiong good until all of a sudden smoke started coming off of my starter by the pulley, and then it stalled. any ideas what is wrong/ what i need to do? thanks in advance

Ray V:
We've used 10% here in Michigan for years - can't even get straight unleaded....I really haven't seen any more issues than before (and I've got about 20 small engines of one sort or another around the house that I have to keep running..)

MJR:
Sounds like all of the smoke has escaped from the S/G after a bushing/bearing failed.....you may need to replace the bearings and get a smoke refill kit..
deadat30.gif

KENDELL.

I think the carb is plugged as well. Only other thing I think it could be is that it is sucking air from somewhere, but since it worked up until today, I believe trash in carb is more logical answer. Anything special about 582 carbs that I should know before I pull this one off and clean it out?

Thanks,

John-David Reaves Roll Tide

I didn't know there were any Elec-Trak people here but I thought someone with a diesel might disagree with the garden tractor definition.

J-D R.
Not that I'm aware of, but I've never seen a carb that scared me (except for that variable venturi piece of trash that FoMoCo used...)

MJR..
You can either take the S/G to a local automotive rebuild shop, or better yet, check with one of those friendly SPONSORS at the top of the page..
You get smoke refill kits from a dealer in Lucas electrical parts or from the same folks that sell "bottom air" for tires that are just flat on one side..
bouncy.gif

Hi all, I had a chance to take my 125-826 down to my parents for a family picnic over the weekend.

I built this half scale size 1969 826 from a 1968 Cub Cadet 125. I made a completely new front axle, rear hub extensions, and mounted 16 inch rims with rear tires that stand 29 inches tall. Then I made new fenders, a new nose piece, and new sheet metal for the hood. Then finished the project with a new grill, and moved the air filter to the other side of the tractor because it was blocking the hood. I took almost a year from the time I bought the 125 until now to finish it up.

I took some pictures of the real one, mine, and my little girl's pedal tractor.

93598.jpg

93599.jpg

Then I took all of the kids for rides in my TSC sale, wagon...

93600.jpg

93601.jpg

The kids had a ball, once I started the tractor up, I couldn't turn it off until we left, because they never wanted to stop riding in the wagon.

Here's a close up of the "hub cap" I made for the rear wheels. It's as accurate as I'm going to get...

93602.jpg

Some of the pictures didn't load...

Here's the real one, mine, and my daughters...
93606.jpg

93607.jpg

Kurt:
Wow!!!!!
Beautiful work (hey another Michigander, too!)

Great looking tractor Kurt!

Wouldn't a similar tractor in yellow/white make a fantastic 50th Anniversary special production model?

John-David Reaves Roll Tide

Kendall
roflol.gif

<font size="+2">Lucas....Lord of Darkness</font>
93610.gif

The only thing I didn't like about all my Triumphs

Earl W.

Sorry this is belated. I'm not a QL guy, so this is kinda sketchy. I'm hoping a real QL guy will fill in the details. Those loose motor mounts that you tightened should be loosened back up to leave only one and a half (?) threads showing. Fully tightened is often reported to be problematic. THere is also a recommended DIY upgrade for the engine mount rails to turn them into a cradle.

A litle help here guys?...Earl, expect to read posts with pics that include cardboard "plans". Pay close attention to these posts any time they appear.

Kurt, simply awesome! Very well done. More photos please.
happy.gif

John David Reaves-My guess is that the vacume fuel pump on your 582 has a broken diaphram. Your carb would not be plugged, unless somebody removed the in-line gas filter.

Brendan:
Actually, it's "Joseph Lucas, Prince of Darkness", as in ""I've had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never experienced any prob... " or "The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF." and "The other three switch settings--SMOKE, SMOLDER and IGNITE." I had a Lambretta scooter when I was a kid and was always suspicious that Femsa magnetos were rebranded Lucas parts forced on the Italians as some kind of war retribution act..

Thank God that IHC never used any Lucas parts on the Cubs (AFAIK).

Rob:
Or somebody let gas turn to varnish... Or the filter failed. Bottom line, the carb needs attention (pump's on the carb on the ones that I'm familiar with). Isn't long distance diagnosis fun? It's just like running a Help Desk ( Oops, BTDT, tee shirt now used for polishing cars).

Latest posts

Back