• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 02, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlang

displayname
John Lang
Paul B said on the last page here...
"turns out I have a pinhole in the plastic gas tank. Is there any way to repair the plastic?"

Paul, I accidentally drilled some 3/16" holes into the plastic gas tank on my jd111 and was able to seal them all with some stuff called SEAL-ALL. It comes in a Red and Yellow tube and really works. I've used it for lots of repairs and it is unaffected by gasoline!
happy.gif

(Message edited by jlang on September 02, 2004)

Rich C- glad you dodged that bullet.

This may have been posted already, but wanted to suggest to all to get to your local Home Depot -- All of the Brinly sleeve hitch implements are deeply discounted, being cleared out for the fall (probably to make room for snowblowers). I picked up a brand new, in the box cultivator (the v-shaped style), regularly $139, for $25. Now, if only they had the box blades.

I LOVE MY WIFE!!!!!
She thought my unfinished 128
21266.jpg

needed a big brother we both could ride.
21267.jpg

Dave K.,
I took a governor out of a customer's never opened up 123 engine and it had a CAST IRON governor gear. I believe all of the plastic governors started out whitish in color, then due to dyes in the oil, eventually turned an amber color.

Kenny

Richard, good to hear that you caught it in time!

Steve B., do you have an approximate date (season/year, i.e., fall/02) of when the photos of the bronze thrust washers would have been posted?

Art,

Narrow frame Cub (125):
Wheelbase = 43"
Overall length = 64"

Original:
Wheelbase = 42-3/4"
Overall length = 62"

JIM S. - On towing Your 782 that is not recommended and nothing was ever made avail. to tow for long distances. The 782 does have auto release dump valves on the hydro unit so You can push it around Your garage without starting the engine. Earlier Hydro's had manual release valves that were lever operated. The engine must be running to circulate oil thru the hyd. pump & motor or the hydro unit will be ruined. Sundstrand built the hydro unit itself and IHC built the final drive. If You want to move Your tractor a longer distance than You care to drive it load it in the back of a pickup or onto a trailer and safely and securely tie it down with chains or straps. There is quite a system of reduction gears in the final drive of a 782 that when You pull the tractor faster than it's top speed of 8 MPH the RPM of the output shaft of the hydro unit gets "Silly Fast" in a hurry. For some reason I have visions of a 782 hooked with a towbar to the back of a minivan bouncing down an interstate highway 70 MPH with parts, smoke & flames flying out the back....

Finally got to take some pictures of M&W splitting wood. It is a lot harder to start on this splitter than my Nortech splitter.
21269.jpg

That is a piece of aspen that I saved from the tree that fell in my backyard. If I was using this one to split wood I would drill a 1" pilot hole to start the screw.
21270.jpg

21271.jpg

21272.jpg

21273.jpg

Kraig,

Nope, sorry.....I'll find them at home.

Wm-
That looks way cool, but they are sooooooo dangerous. I would take my hyd log spliter any day over that arm-ripper-offer contraption. But I would take the M&W;o)

Who ever invented that just wasn't using their brain.

Steve, how about a best guess of the year they were posted?

Kraig,

About 2 years ago...late summer/fall....same vintage as the FleetGuard hydro filter picture in the same setting.

Steve, I found the photo of the Fleet Guard filter (originally posted on 10/29/01) but no washers.... you sure you didn't crop them out of the photo?
21276.jpg

On the washers for the 3/4" spindles
You can use the washers from the parts manual for a 55 Cadet rider. There are two or three thickness of washers used to shim the rear axle into place. I will see if I can come up with a part number or two...

Jonathon L.: I found out you can still buy the Stickler which will work on most light cars and trucks. I only have them to display at shows but won't operate them. The Nortech actually has a saftey switch in it that kills the motor if it gets enough sheer pressure in the handle to break a 1/4" bolt.

For those of you that have too much stuff in your garage (like me)....

The spacer-washers for aircooled VW generator pulleys fit 3/4" spindles as well.
21280.jpg

The generator is mounted solid, so you loosen/tighten the belt by adding/removing spacers between a two part pulley on the end of the generator.

Latest posts

Back