• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 31, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Wayne, the breathers should be the same. Have you looked in your new TC-113 Parts Manual? That should have better info than the Parts Lookup...

Paul W.
From the CPE-2 book, #2 tiller was made 1974 to 1980. The 2B was made from 1980 since.

Thanks Kraig-

I did check to compare a 124 (K301) to the 147 which has the K321 but even the part numbers were a little screwy. One has a gasket for the breather assembly that isn't shown on the other but I think it's just a missprint. Also, the TC-113 I have only covers nf tractors and I realize they are basically the same (enginewise)...that's why I looked in the first place.

Im looking for some input...my 1650 turns over slow, even with clean grounds and battery terminals. I have to jump it when it is still fairly warm out...the battery is good. Has one ever put a full size battery in one, with bigger cables to take the power increase? Id like to put a bigger battery in it to give it a boost so I can use it on the blower this winter...but if its not going to start well Ill leave it in the shed till spring. If anyone has any input or thoughts on it Id really appreciate it...or if anyone has a better idea. Thanks
happy.gif

Ryan, can you do an amp draw test on the starter. if it's dragging, the only thing to fix it is a rebuild or anouther starter.

Ryan-

You need to figure out what is actually wrong with it...a bigger battery is not the solution to the problem. Have you checked to make sure your positive cables are in good condition as well?

My 1450 would start in the winter with a 200CCA battery.

Does anyone know where I can find some Good Year tires for my Cub Cadet 682?

Some thing to check Ryan is the rear end fluid, Is your 1650 from a P O. I bought a 1650 in the early winter late fall and had a dickens of a time getting it to start only to figured out that the last person who had it dump HEAVY gear lube in the hydro,
bash.gif
bottom.gif

Thanks Lucas. I missed your answer on the 3 pt the first time I read through the posts.

Thank you Jerry as well. I helped a neighbor that just aquired a 149 locate a tiller and it was a number 2 model. I was just curious if they were made in same era. He is excited about the 149. It came with a 50" deck and a #2 trailer. He has never owned a IH CC and really likes it. I think I convinced him to use it for snow removal as well as tilling, so now I will sell him a blade or blower.

Looks like we need some pictures in here!
Did some leaf sweeping with the "148". It's the one I was having fuel problems / stalling with. I plowed the snot out of it at the SE Iowa plow day and it never missed a lick. Seems OK now. Maybe...fixed itself.

232191.jpg

Here's a new to the Herd 'O' that I bought from Ryan Mcshane last week-end. I had the fenders in the shed. My 8 year old has already claimed it!

232192.jpg

ADAM J. - re Good Year tires for your 682 will be pretty hard to find. That part of GY was bought up by TITAN Industries years ago. Most tires for these little tractors are imported.

You might look at places like M.E. Miller Tire, etc if you haven't already. And check GY's website too to see if they even make anything in a 12 inch rim diameter. A search yeilded Cedar Rapids Tire and every GY tre tey offer is for 15 inch rims. Way too big for a 682.

ya thanks dennis. I will have to try that. It's been hard trying to find these tires.

I am not sure if I am posting this on the right page or not but is anyone her going to Dyersville, Iowa for the National Farm Toy Show?

Dennis Frisk

Sometime Wednesday I can turn my in-floor heat on in my Cub garage ! No good to post pictures because Charlie will just delete them lol . He needs this more than me lol.

232221.jpg

232222.jpg

err.gif
noshare.gif

Don Tanner
I recall a couple of years ago, you had a pin break on your 129 lift lever.
Did you retrofit the lift linkage with a newer part or something?
My 1450 lift handle broke the pin today while tilling. Any suggestions for a more permanent fix? This is second time that this has happened, and they aren't the easiest things to replace.
Thanks

Brad,

I recently installed an implement handle helper spring (spring assist) on my 1250. It has taken a lot of stress off of the lift handle. Looking at the layout, it looks like it reduces the stress a lot when using a mower deck or rear mounted attachments. The front mounted attachments would still stress the roll pin at the connection to the rock shaft, but there is a lot less stress on the height adjustment release rod and ratchet. Just my .02

brad rainey

If you got a pin punch its not to bad. I tapped the pin fast to the punch so I could reach in and start the pin. It did not break again , but I think Charlie sell a replacement part that would solve the problem. It had a bolt that pinches the shaft to keep everything in place. I know he had it but I did not see it in his list of parts. Perhaps Kraig or Charlie could post a picture of it so you could make one. Later Don T
old.gif

That was my 149 that had the problem. I think I still have not repaired it with the proper part.

Don Tanner
Thanks for the info, maybe Charlie or Kraig has the info on the improved fix for that problem.
Ken Freeman
My 1450 has a hydraulic lift.
Thanks

Paul Bell and Dave Ross, we had a discussion a few days ago about the drive on a Hawk Bilt Ground Saw. I've been corresponding with a fellow that owns three of them. He tells me that when Hawk Bilt originally retrofit the ground saws on Cub Cadets, they left the drive shaft in the tractors. To operate the saw, you locked the clutch pedal down and used the hydraulic drive through the PTO. So that the brake wouldn't be a problem, they disconnected the linkage and added a brake pedal on the right hand side. He said the real problem with this method was the wear it put on the throwout bearing. It was like you were riding the clutch all the time. To overcome this problem he took the planetary gears out of a creeper and uses it to disengage the clutch drive so the pedal doesn't have to be locked down. I thought that was an ingenious but expensive solution.

I'm still planning to try to drive mine only through the PTO, but he tells me he doesn't think I'll have enough power to move it in 3rd gear. I'll let you know when I get it going. It's going to be a while.

I found this all to be very interesting and figured I'd update you on what I've found.

Rick Beem

I like your "148". Looking at the green stripe on the hood I assume you replaced the 241 with a 321. If that is correct did you do anything to the clutch. I'm in the process of building a "148" and wondering if the clutch will hold up under the extra hp.

Latest posts

Back