• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 29, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geek mode!

Posting from Daley Plaza using the city's free wireless access point. Only downside is that it's FREEZING out here!!!

Steve B., are you going to perform that dual spool mod on your 169 also?

I don't know what years they were used but Scouts used a limited slip also that will fit into a cub rear with a little work. I only meet 1 guy that used a Scout carrier

Well, I had to go identify my items this morning. They got most of the stuff recovered. The 982 is intact with a few minor scrapes and bruises. There were a total of 6 engines stolen, so I had to go get a price on them. WOW, does that add up fast!!!

It's getting to be time to put up the mower deck for the season and put the blade and chains on. Anybody got a good way to store the deck for winter? With wheels/rollers top and bottom, the dang thing has a mind of it's own when you try to lean it up against the wall.

Where are you guys with the Titan Tru Power tires purchasing them at? None of the tire shops in my area can get them. I see Cedar Rapids Tire has them listed on their web site. I just thought I would do a little comparison shopping. Thanks!

Kevin L,
I just stand it up on the back wheels, lean the front roller against the wall, blades facing the wall, and put wheel chocks or wedges behind the rear wheels on the floor so it doesn't roll out. It's worked so far.

(Message edited by BMoore on October 30, 2003)

Kevin I do the same as Bruce with 1 exception I have 2 eye screws in my garage wall where I take a short bunge cord and go around each front hanger. Really keeps it tight against the wall. { I have a 3 year old who loves to help, just don't want a deck falling on her} .

Travis, or anyone who else who knows,

I remember you telling me that the series 2 KT 17's are different when you look at the right front side of the engine. What is it I'm to look for? I think I might just have a series 2.

Glad to hear things are working out for you.

Kevin,

I have a 2' wide shelf about 30" high across the end of the shed.....in the summer it holds the front blade, chains, etc.....in the winter it holds the mower decks. "Hot Racking" for Cub attachments!!!!

Tedd - The Kt17 Series II will be spec # 24300 or above. Looking at it, you will see a diamond or parallelogram shaped block off plate held on to the lower right corner of the block by two bolt. This is the block off plate for the optional oil filter kit that is only available on the series II... The series I does NOT have this plate! Gadget

Kevin L-
Here's a picture from the cookout we had at my place before the Weekend Freedom Machines Spring Break Event this last spring.

13480.jpg

Ignore <strike>me</strike> the ugly guy sitting on the cub, but I wanted to say that above my head is a mower deck, 8 truck rims and a bunch of misc. Brinly parts. I bought this pallet racking used, but to me it's worth it's weight in gold because everything can be stored off the floor. Now that I've got a loader I'll be moving the lower shelf (to my right in this picture) up high and use the extra standard so that all of the shelves are at about 5ft high to allow cubs to park underneath.

I know you're just trying to store a mower deck, but these cubs tend to multiply, so the racking works well. It's even strong enough that if a guy had a forklift, he could store cubs on the shelves!

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Check out what I found on the Internet.
Listed as a 104D (Dump Tractor) by a Tim Kelley, from Indiana.

13482.jpg

13483.jpg

Kraig-

Pics went out today on ZIP100.

Art, my kwik-way on my 1872 can pick handle up to 600 pounds with a bunch of weight on the back. Handles originals and narrow frames, without decks on them, and puts them up with no problem. But you have to spring for the forks.(who said being on topic was any fun anyhow.... ;o)

Ryan, do you have any additional info on that "104D"? <font size="-2">FWIW, JS sent me photos of that a little over a year ago.....I never could get any more info on it.</font> I'll be watching for the disk, thanks!

Thanks to all for responses on deck storage. I'm blessed with a three-car attached garage which barely holds two cars. The third bay holds all my home-improvement/woodworking/garden tools/kid's toys/cub stuff and it's pretty crowded! If anyone else has any other unique ideas I'd still love to hear them.

Bryan, if you really want to widen the membership on the map add Robin Howe (England), Juha Heikkila (Finland) and Gunnar Tveten (Norway) to the map.

Kevin,
Just get another Cub to store the deck under.
happy.gif

For real, I do the stand up method my self. Two bricks to hold the wheels to the wall. Once I get room the deck will stay on Spot. The deck only will come off twice a year for cleaning and blade maintenance. Dot (123) will be the winter plow, keeping the dozer blade on year round. Stinky will be the puller. ie plow, sweeper, airator etc...

Art,

We (all of us) need to get together like that agian. That was a blast. BTW We do not need to plow up your back yard again.
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back