• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 26, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Just moments ago I went out onto the kitchen deck to call the cats in and I saw movement that was NOT one of the cats. Turned out to be a black bear and at least one very small cub!!
icon_eek.gif
By the time I ran back inside downstairs grabbed my camera and a spotlight (this took all of about 45 seconds or less) they had moved behind a spruce tree. I was able to get a couple of very poor photos. One is tinted green from the flash reflecting off of the leaves of a Pagoda Dogwood that is growing just off of the deck. They ran through the thick wooded portion of my yard towards the front yard and then towards the road. A river valley is across the road. In case you're wondering, yes, the cats came in after all the commotion.

286871.jpg

286872.jpg

Charlie,
roflol.gif
that's probably the shot I would have taken if I would have seen it on my deck,

As you may have seen in my post last Monday evening, I had a bear and her cub visit my yard. This evening as I was mowing my lawn I noticed that the woods isn't the only place a bear craps. Looks like my bird feeder wasn't the only one they were hitting either...
happy.gif

286934.jpg

286935.jpg

You can keep that bear crap...and the bears........I like IL, where the native animals aren't as dangerous!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

I changed the filter, Hytran and new gasket. Got the tiller gearbox on and no leaks so I put the deck on and killed some grass, tall grass I haven't cut till now. This cub can cut some grass!
And looks good doing it.
287093.jpg

287094.jpg

287095.jpg

287096.jpg

287097.jpg

Keith, I love the look of the rearend , but why not post in the main forum

Keith O.
Nope, it's for anything about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981.

We gotta break the monotony of fixin stuff with cool pics, so go for it!
thumbsup.gif

We have cattle on our place so I have to keep the fences mended. A huge dead tree finally dropped some limbs and of course landed right on the barb wire fence on the bluff side of the property, so I cut all the wood and fixed the fence then I looked up to check for more branches and saw this snake skin. It way up in the tree and is 4' plus long.
287504.jpg

287505.jpg

287506.jpg

Keith: You're supposed to look for that sort of thing BEFORE you start cutting! After you noticed the skin above you, did you start looking around at the ground beneath you to see if anything was moving?
I know I would have.
smile.gif

Well, I finally decided to take down the trail camera I had put up to watch my bird feeder in case the bear returned. I figured they were not going to come back. While I was looking through the photos to see if there were any of interest I found 25 photos of the bear and her TWO cubs. Turns out they visited just before 1:00 pm on June 4th. Here's a few of the photos.

287561.jpg

287562.jpg

287563.jpg

287564.jpg

287565.jpg

That's exactly the position this was in last fall when some jackass from the cities that has a cabin up here thought it easier to shoot than take down a damn bird feeder!
At least he didn't go to waste, kinda!
287569.jpg

Kraig,
Those are neat pics. Especially the ones with the cubs just hanging out while the momma does all the work.

Jeff,
I saw on the news where they spotted a bear just hanging out in a tree. They were videoing him/her and it was sprawled out on the branch pretty much waving at the people. It was in Ogle County. Without pulling out a map, how far is that from ya?

Josh, it has been spotted in three different counties that suround me including my own( i don't think its the same bear). A friend took a picture of it by his house and he lives about 25 miles from me in Winnabago county.

Latest posts

Back