Archive through October 27, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, you only have a limited amount of time to do an edit after you submit a post, unless you're a moderator, then there's no time limit for edits.
construction.gif

I try to police those posts with images without spaces and fix them as soon as I see them. I believe Charlie and Bryan do so as well. Though I'm not sure how much time Bryan spends here these days.
1a_scratchhead.gif

71 looks very salvagable to me, seen worse and fixed it up before. You can drill out and helicoil the plug hole or get a replacment head from one of the vendors above or fleabay. Hard to beat a 7hp K series for power and fuel effiency. Find yourself a replacment pan seat, maybe headlights if you want them. Very solid looking tractor. Our model 70 is the family workhorse. Mike and Michele T

Mike Howard,

That's a keeper. You will need a really big screwdriver for the wheel weights though.
clappy.gif

Mike L.
I usually hit <enter> twice before inserting an image. this gets some space between the text and the image as well, and also hit <enter> twice between images for the same reason. If you only hit <enter> once, your image will start directly below the text, if you only hit a space key it will start at the end of the last text you wrote.

Oh Ok I hit the space key 5 times it still didint work Ill try that next time. I have another question I bought a regulator off ebay for a 125 but that is not what it came off of the post on mine go bat gen field and ground on the other side this one goes L batt F and gen is on the other side what is the L is it ground

Mike L.- That parts blowup shows parts 20 and 4 reversed. The teaser spring goes against the pressure plate and #4 is a spacer. The spacer has a shouldered end and a bell end. The teaser spring fits into the bell end putting the shouldered end against the throwout bearing. This should help it disengage. Wayne

Mike - it's not the space key that's needed, it's the {enter} key, so that the code for the picture is on a line by itself: like this

blah blah blah, Cub's look like this:
\ p_opjpeg{1802913,test1}
\ p_opjpeg{1802923,test2}
\ p_opjpeg{1802933,test3}
\ p_opjpeg{1802943,test4}
and then more text if you need it

Note that in the above, the underscore will not be in an actual posting and there will not be a space between the slash and "popjpeg"

Mike, I have a regulator just like that one. The "L" is for lights, at least thats what my grandad told me. Dont hook anything up to it or something wont work or will burn up. Just hook up the F, batt, and Gen. if there is a ground on the bottom side hook your ground to it, but nothing will go to the L

Sorry Matt no chance for pics today, raining like crazy here all day, got about 2"!

Actually the "L" is for "load" (per the Delco manual) and WAS used on Cubs for things like "Lights"... Check the wiring diagrams in Cubfaq 68 for your model...

Matt S. I can't resist this one... Quote: "he also flat out told me he took it from his unlce because he didnt know he had it! }. Oh, man if you get that Cub then you'd be guilty of receiving stolen property.
bottom.gif
biggrin.gif
Otherwise.... as with the rest of the guys.... You owe him $200.00

Mike Howard. Definitely salvageable. I went past a local Salvage yard on Monday and waaayyy in the back was the frame front and rear wheels of a FARMALL tractor awaiting the final torch. It was too wet to see what model... only man that tractor was nice and red yet. In my opinion even that FARMALL was salvageable.

On breaking front axles when hitting trees. In 1996, I let the neighbor lady use my then girlfriend's and my one owner 105 to mow her yard whlie I worked on her box store mower. Not even five minutes into mowing and she managed to hit at full throttle ( and hydro full forward) a tree and snapped the front axle like a twig. She was upset. When the girlfriend got home.... she was totally p***ed at me for letting someone else use our tractor. I found a good used axle and when we split up she had the cancelled check and I had the auction receipt. Since I paid her cash for my half she had more proof than I and got to keep the 105.

I'm off to bed. Ya all have fun... Last night Fancy and Tootsie tried to snuggle by me and keep me comfortable.

Dennis F. None of my Cubbies have those pulley marks on their axles either.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back