Archive through October 24, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless Saturday is a howling lightening storm all day, we will be having plow day rain or shine.....if it's too wet, we'll trade iron, swap stories, and dish out door prizes.

Kev,
No, not kickin' Tommy ass, he's the best guesser in the hood. All the other guys suck!

Steve,
So it's safe to mount up the plowing tires? :cool:

(Message edited by thoffman on October 25, 2004)

Scott C.

I just finished converting my manual lift to a hydraulic lift & it works great!

One word of advice, if you buy a used ported hydro make sure you put all new seals in it.

Also replace the lift cylinder hoses, I got a shower of hy-tran oil after bringing the relief valve pressures up to spec.

After following this forum for about the past 5 years, I have to say that this qualifies as the best quote I've heard yet...

"Unless Saturday is a howling lightening storm all day, we will be having plow day rain or shine"

This begs the question of which plow tractor to bring in a "rain or shine" situation...
The plow special with it's 6-12 rear tires or the 1872 with it's higher "floatation" 26X12's???????

Can't find in the archives, what kind of device do you use to put windsheild washer fluid in the drive tires?

Terry-

I don't use washer fluid...most freezes below -20, and the formulations that ARE good for lower temps are pretty heavy on methanols that ain't easy on tires... I use RV water-system Anti-Freeze... it's the pink stuff, and based on Propylene Glycol. It's good to -50F, and unlike Ethylene Glycol, it's not seriously poisonous, and can be legally disposed of simply by diluting it into a drain. (that's why we use it in potable water systems in the boat!). Bonus- it also doesn't eat up the rim or paint like calcium cloride or some washer fluids!

The way I put it in... (I'm running tubeless tires, BTW), is mount up my tires, and use bead sealant (Monkey Grip stuff... kinda nasty, but actually makes the beads slip over the rims, then seal up better). Once the tires are ON the rims, I push down on the tire to partially seat the lower bead. Then I stick a wood block (think it was a 5" hunk'a 2x4) between the top bead and rim... then I just uncapped the jug, and poured the stuff down into the tire. The lower bead seats well enough (with the bead sealant) to hold the anti-freeze just fine. Once you've got as much in as you can, then yank the 2x4 block, hook on the air-hose, and put each hand on the center of the tread, opposite sides of the tire, and give it a little squeeze... the upper bead will slip up into general vicinity of the bead, the sealant will take hold, and your tire will be mounted, with fluid!

Art,

5 years and that's the best quote you can come up with???????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I personally attribute the best quote to Ranger Buck......
" 12" grass, 2nd gear, looks great.....bull ****!"

JOHN L. - If Your storing inner tubes don't keep them anyplace where they can see daylight, and locations around electrical motors & appliances are a No-No also.... Tubes don't have the durable rubber compounds tires do and they degrade very quickly if stored in locations like that. OZONE can ruin a tube in just weeks! ART - Better bring BOTH tractors.....Just speaking from MY past experience.... ;-)

SB -

Excellent!!!

Tom H. -

Tommy doesn't need to be kicked, but his brother Jeffrey needs to have his a$$ kicked clear around the equator!

Charlie -

Yesterday's Tribune (AKA Tom Skilling) showed the front passing on Friday, but today's shows it passing on Saturday.

Don W., regarding your 3 point query, the upper cast part from a 1650 will fit a 782 but the lift bar will not fit. The lift bar from a 1650 has a slight bend in it the lift bar for a 782 is straight. FWIW, CC Specialties (see the link above) has the lift bar for the 782.

Thanks for all the tube/tubeless info. I'm going with tubes.

Jim C. will you be going to PD8 this weekend?

Travis -

Dunno 'bout your area, but everyone in Chicago knows it's cold and rainy on Halloween...

Hey Guys,

Had a great turnout for NorthEast Cub Day 2004.

Pics to be posted soon.

we had about 30 guys show up with about 48 tractors to show with multiple attachments.

John thanks for the great hospitality and food.

Good day to work inside today! It's darker now than when I got up! Raining and thundering too!
sad.gif

Well, Let's hope it passes through quickly.

Lost a friend yesterday to an accident about 1.5 miles from our house. Please pray for their family. The home we live in belonged to his son, prior to his passing after a battle with cancer.

WABASH, Ind. -- An 89-year-old man died when a car struck the farm tractor (AC D-15) he was driving Monday morning, the Indiana State Police said.

John S. Wilson, of Wabash, was driving the tractor south on County Road 700 West and failed to yield the right of way at a stop sign at the intersection with U.S. 24, police said.

A car struck Wilson's tractor at the intersection about 10:30 a.m. The tractor rolled and came to rest upside down and on top of Wilson, according to police.

Wilson was pronounced dead of traumatic chest and internal injuries at the scene.

Latest posts

Back