• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 23, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bren, yes I saw that Craig copied you on the email he sent me! Great minds.....
beerchug.gif
proud.gif

Brendan,

Did Doug tell you about my recent addition?? Check out the off topic tractors section

Carey

Carey, Yep, he told me about it the other day. Too bad it's that moldy color.
happy.gif

Bren

Kraig & Brendan:

Thanks for your replies. That is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Roland, the thanks go to Craig Carney, he's one of the most knowledgeable Cub Cadet guys that I know! Especially when it comes to the 7hp models.
beerchug.gif

Kraig-
I have pictures at home of the 73 I used to own. I'll see if I took any of the engine serial plate and post them here.

Doesn't Terry B have a 73? Maybe he could post some pix...

Art, you're right, Terry B. does have a 73!

Terry B., tag your it!

Chris P,

If your throttle shaft is loose as you indicate, your engine won't idle well at all. Time to do a throttle shaft bushing or washer repair as noted in Charlie's FAQ's.

I have a 1450 Cub and this past summer I have gone through two ignition coils. The primary winding on them opens. I was using automotive coils with a resistor in series. Any ideas what may be causing this?
Thanks in advance!

Carey, That loader does put it a little higher in the rankings with me. Would like to have loader for one of my Cubs but just can't afford it. May eventually build one. I don't really hate the moldy ones just like how the Cub are built better. I did use one of Doug's for a year till I got my 102.

Bren

OK, I guess I misunderstood. what do you guys mean by the throttle shaft being loose, specifically?

CHRIS Pearson - On Your idle problem....You wouldn't have the idle speed set WAY too low would You? Sometimes these old 1-cyl. Kohlers don't like to idle at real low revs.

It has a new regulator, the voltage is fine. It could be vibration causing it to go.

Charlie,
I'll check the throttle shaft. I have the idle stop way out so I'm sure the carb isnt set too low. It's acting like it just doesnt want to run off the low idle needle?

Larry M
Life would be so much easier if you bite the bullet and get a tractor or lawn & garden coil.They are designed more for continual DC current and auto coils are not designed for continual DC current because the automotive system is an AC current system. They are more expensive and will last for years. Also they work well on my IH 1310 truck when I needed 1 in a tight and never took it off.
ihrotate.gif

Larry M.
I have a 1200 that was going through coils and my secret $ stash so fast it would make your head spin. I had good voltage to the coil so I thought. It was too good, 15.2 volts. I changed the VR and life is good again. Measure your VR output at WOT and I believe the max is 14.7 volts.

Latest posts

Back