• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 23, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aschumacher

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Allen Schumacher
Hey, what happened here. I logged on only to find a box of thread and an empty message box with nothing in between to read!
confused.gif

Allen - A box of thread ? Charlie must have been darning his socks.
bouncy.gif

Lonny - You do know that with your quick connects that high and where they're mounted you'll probably drown the Cub with oil ? They can be a pain to use sometimes especially if they have pressure on them when you hook up.

hello all , how long do i make the pin for a brinly 3 point hitch. need the top pin length and bottom pin length. thanks Don T

KENtucky.

Yes I know that is a posability but not probly going to happen as long as I am the ONLY ONE to use my loader tractor as I always disengage the pto driven pump and relive any and all the preasure from the dump cylinder befor disconecting them and as long as the hydrulic pump is not running when I re hook up the lines there should not be any preasure past the control body.

On some of the Brinly hitch pics, one arm looks longer than the other. Is this an optical illusion?
Thanks, Brian L

Jim P.

Raise the rolling cutter up about 3" on your plow and try that sod again. Sod almost always plows easier with a rolling cutter, as it takes a lot of force to tear sod with the plow moldboard/shin if it's not pre-cut.

Sod can be a PITA if it's tough, and you just have to try your best.

Lonny-
Does the '08 calendar have vintage tractors in it like the '07 version, or just the new stuff?

Art.
sad.gif

We will have to waite and see what comes out in the 09 calendar

Guys:

Would anyone have any information as to what the original Kohler Spec numbers for the model 70 would be..?? Would this be the same Spec# used on the OCC..?? Would this Spec# also be used on 71, 72, & 73..??
K-161-T
K-161-S

I am NOT interested in the 8HP replacement data.

TIA

Kraig-thanks for your response to the camber issue on my 129 yesterday. Mine isn't as bad as the photo you uploaded though. :D

Beautiful job on your 149 Jerry!! I wish I could have gotten away with using that few cans of paint.
err.gif
. But........ I ended up using about 6 and 6.
cool.gif

Roland, The K 161 is the model #, S being electric start and T being manual start. The spec # will be 28XXXX, 28 tells it's a 161 and XXXX will be the engine veriation, I believe they will be the same. My info dosen't state otherwise. Hope this helps.

Bren

Brendan:

Thanks for your reply. I am fully aware of all that you posted. I am looking for the original Spec Numbers for 70, 71, 72, & 73.

All the 7HP models were available with Retractable & Electric Starting.

I suspect that they would be the same as the OCC, but I don't know that for sure.

Roland, What I see is they are all the same spec # but I do see what appeares to be a typo in my papers, says spec # should be 30564D but 30 according to Kohler is for a 181
dunno.gif

I have the spec # off my O written down somewhere I'll look for it, I know that one is right.

Bren

Dean,
Just a foot note about the tiller/plow discussion of a day ago--relative to sod. I bought a tiller a year ago thinking it would replace my plow. (I have a 147 and a 42" tiller).

This past spring I tilled the part of my garden that had been plowed in the fall. The tiller performed fine. When I attempted to expand the garden (going through sod), the tiller did the job, BUT, I gotta say, I thought the severe side to side shaking of the tractor was gonna cause something to give. Wow. Made me think of removing a set of tines on the tiller to reduce the load.

So, I plan to continue to use the plow in the fall and the tiller in the spring.

BTW, what wasn't mentioned in the discussion is the type of soil your cutting up. In NW Indiana we have CLAY. It's like concrete and both tiller and plow work best a few days after a saturating rain.

If your soil is sandy, the tiller may be OK for busting up the sod but I think the plow before the tiller is the way to go. As someone said, twice the seat time.

You might also try running an 8" single bottom instead of a 10". I was given an old 8" and hope to see what it does this fall.

lol.gif
You done it now Roland ! I'm so confused I'm now obsessed with figuring this out. Looks like there are 400 odd veriations of the 161 wich means 400 different spec #s due to even minor changes in the engine. Guess I wont be board today
happy.gif

Bren

1250 idle problems. Throttle shaft is loose, new gasket, rebuilt carb, will check gov spring placement but it seems no matter where it goes, she wants to die at idle position.

Roland, I sent Craig Carney an email asking if he had any of the info you are looking for as I know he likes to document that stuff. Here's what he sent back.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

O: elec - 28542e, recoil - 28498e

70: elec - 28857e early or 28999e or h later, recoil 28911e or h

71: elec - 28999j, recoil 28911j

72: elec - 28999j or 281083j, recoil 28911j

73: elec - 281083j

Not absolutely sure on the 73 as I've never owned one. I've owned at least one of all the others, with original engines.

craig<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Thanks Craig!!!
thumbsup.gif

lol.gif
Kraig, funny we both had the same thought. I also know someone who has a bunch of old Kohler books in his shop, gonna swing by his place this week.

Bren

Latest posts

Back