• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 22, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John B. Very nice little Original and easily able to be brought back to life.
231926.gif

Doug W. I like your modification on the auger.
greenthumb.gif

Mike P. Nice job of plowing. With proper snowfall and moisture your garden should be just fine come spring.

to all who gave advice on my 782 starting issues I want to say thanks. Now here's the thing, it's started fine every day for the last three days. I did dumb some sea foam in the tank the other night when I had it running. Maybe it cleaned out the carb. All I know is it's starting and running great. Time will tell if it's fixed or not. I'll have to gets some pics for you guys. thanks again.

John "B",
I like the lower picture. The sun reflecting off the hood orniment looks like "Bling".

Tom: Sharp eye. The old guy's giving us "the Bird"?
happy.gif

Got some time to clean the O up a bit...there's actually a tractor under all the moss and grease.

Still has the orig. carb and oil bath cleaner, and everything seems to be there. It had one of those "anti-foul" spark plug extensions, so I'm sure it's well worn, but it should be an interesting project.

I found some tires I bought for my lawn cart that although not correct, at least were round, so I could roll the thing around! I'll replace them with something more suitable eventually.

John

231931.jpg

231932.jpg

231933.jpg

John: A Previous Owner thought enough of that tractor to "pretty it up". Don't neglect the 123!
happy.gif

P.S. If you hit ENTER between pic posts, I won't have to wonder where my EDIT option went.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Did IH change the axle and spindle angles between the Quietlines and the 82's? My 782 has alignment issues. The right side front tire has a lot of positive camber. The left side has nearly zero camber, but it looks like the spindle has been replaced. Here are some photos:

231961.jpg

Right Side Camber

231962.jpg

Right Side Spindle

Had to break the post into two parts!

231964.jpg

Left Side Camber

231965.jpg

Left Side Spindle

231966.jpg

Front Axle

Because the left side spindle is painted black instead of red, I think it has been changed. Is this the wrong spindle? The axle is not level.

Thanks for any input!

CCC never changed the spindle appreciably, so either the left one is bent or the PO tried to fix it and messed it up. The right one is correct.

Matt,

Both tractors are IH, but the black spindle could be off of anything, I suppose. The arm where the steering link attaches was bent down. I had to return it to its proper position to install the new rod end joints. Maybe more of the spindle is bent also.

I was looking in the parts lookup, and there where different part numbers for the axles and spindles between my 1250 and the 782. I thought that maybe IH had changed the angles on the ends of the axles (just a guess). I knew you would know.

Thanks!

Unless the angle is playing tricks on the eyes, the left one looks bent in the picture where the bolt is on top and also where the spindle somes axle part is attached.

Ken, I think the left spindle may be bent as well, hard to tell from the picture, though. I might remove them both to see how they compare.

Neither of the wheels on my 782 had any camber on them until I rebuilt the axle. I wrote up my adventure at HERE in the Restoration and Renewal section at the bottom of the page of "Unconfuguliating a 782 SN 714899."

231977.jpg

Axle and spindles are doing fine, now, thank you. The tires, however, are another story.
smile.gif

Under Edit: If I had it to do over again, I would have either done a true "Super Steer Upgrade" with an axle from a "Cyclops" tractor, or just replaced the axle with a used one. (At the time of my repair, I looked in vain for a new one :) I have since discovered that the used ones are not too expensive and can be procured from several of our sponsors, including Madson's, R. F. Houtz, and Chris Westfall at Cub Cadet Classics and probably some of the others as well. I currently have two spare axles in inventory --who would have thought!

Hi guys,Im new to the site,just have a question on what type of oil to use in my 682 in the hydrostats,what weight/grade,thanks Larry

Larry,

Welcome to the forum! There is a wealth of information available from the site and the forum members. Look around on the site. There is much information available. There are copies of the Owner's Manuals, Service Manuals, and FAQ's.

To answer your question, the hydro uses hydraulic oil. IH/Case has their own brand of hydraulic oil which many on here will tout. Here is a link to some information:

http://cubfaq.com/hytran.html

Again, Welcome!

How do i reduce the size of my pictures to upload? I am trying to upload pics of my restored IH #2cart.

The best way is ask a kid to do them for you :)

Otherwise, you can use a utility like IRFANVIEW (a free download) or you can send the photo to me and I'll shrink it and get it right back to you.

John

Question:

My manual states I should add 3-1/2 guarts of 30 weight in the rear end, I did that and oil was comming out the NEW axle shaft seals, my dealer stated to fill it until oil comes out of the small threaded check hole on the lower brake side of the rear end? Which is it 3-1/2 qt's or until it comes out of the side check hole??? I know they cast that lower side hole for a reason?
THANK YOU!

Does anyone know the widths of the lower hitch brackets (2) that are used to attach the 42" rear blade and 41" rear rake main frame to the rear of a narrow frame tractor? The manual shows two hitch mounting brackets that the attaching pins go through. The part number shown with the blade/rake maunal is IH-473324-R1. Thanks, in advance, Greg

Latest posts

Back