• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 22, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrewer

displayname
john brewer
Well, the Cub addiction has bitten hard. Here's a scruffy "O" that followed me home yesterday. I think it's saveable if there's no rod poking thru the block, but man oh man it's had a life!

231881.jpg

231882.jpg

Charlie, Brian H, I got it in my head CCC was a 3 year deal, Thought it was 84.

coffee.gif

John B,
I kinda like that Interntional script on the hood!!
thumbsup.gif

Brian H, Dave R,
Cub Cadet Corp (CCC) is still going strong. When IH sold the Cub Cadet line in 1981, it was sold to the newly formed Cub Cadet Corp, which was incorporated on June 1, 1981, as wholly owned subsidiary of MTD (and still is). The original CCC emblem was used on the front and rear of tractors from 1981 untill 1987, when it was retired, but Cub Cadet Corp continued. You now find the company name on brochures advertising and etc., listed as Cub Cadet LLC.

Thanks Paul B for that history lesson as I have wondered the same thing but never asked.

The QA42A had a ruined auger drive end shaft due to a seized bearing. Normally, augers are equipped with stub shafts that are removable but this one had welded in place stub shafts which may have been done during a previous repair. I considered welding up the bad shaft and re-machining but my lathe was not big enough. I didn’t figure the auger would run true if I tried to replace a stub shaft so I removed both stub shaft ends by cutting welds, etc. and rebuilt with a full length shaft through the auger. Photo shows stub shaft assemblies after removal. Other photos show the components that I machined to fit auger and the new one piece, continuous shaft and drive sprocket.
231894.jpg

231895.jpg

231896.jpg

231897.jpg

231898.jpg

231899.jpg

Here are some of my plowing pictures from a couple weeks ago before we have had almost straight rain since! Ground was a little hard and likely should have waited.
bash.gif
Looks more like little hills than a nice furrow rolled over!

231914.jpg

Mike: If you leave it like that, won't it tend to dry out sooner in the spring?
happy.gif

Hmmm . . . why do we say "dry out" instead of just "dry"?
Nice woodshed!!
happy.gif

1a_scratchhead.gif

I'm not sure Frank, it might just be benificial in the end? I bet it will be rough as heck to run over it the first time with the cultivator! Thanks for wood shed compliment. I just wish it was full now for the year. I will hold about 35 to 36 cord of wood if I figured it out right one day when I had nothing better to do while mowing the lawn. That's not leaving any space between the rows of wood though. I hang 4 tarps on the front and the West end of it come fall and that helps keep the fall rains and the winter snow and ice off it until Spring. Much nicer loading wood out of the wind with the tarps up. Its nicer to look at the wood sheds than the cemetary in the back as well.
err.gif

John B., looks save-able to me.

Paul, thanks for the history on CCC. I've always wondered about that.

Doug, nice job on the auger repair!

Mike P., any chance you could post some detail photos of your wood shed in the FIREWOOD thread? How about if I say please?
happy.gif

I suppose I could Kraig. What would you like to see about the shed? I can't pile firewood really straight, so if you want to make fun of me, go ahead, I have broad shoulders!
a_weep.gif

Your talking about the shed I have the firewood piled in only right, not the other one to the left?

Mike P., I won't make fun of your wood stacking. I heat with wood and would someday like to build a larger wood shed so I'm always on the lookout for wood shed designs. But I like storage sheds as well, so I'll accept photos of either.
happy.gif

popcorn1.gif

Sounds good Kraig! I will see if I can get some pictures of it tomorrow with the tarp "curtain" as well. Let me have a look and see what I have for pictures of it. If not, I will take some tomorrow if its not raining. We actually seen sunshine here this afternoon for more than TWO hours!! It was nice!

John Brewer,

Welcome to the forum!
WELCOME.gif

I hope you know that there is no cure for cubcadetitis! I have been fooling with cubs for about three years now and I have already bought nine of them, not counting the attachments. Congrats on your purchase, and don't think that's gonna be your last. It's like the Nascar statement says:"cautions breed cautions." Well,..... "cubs breed cubs!" By the way, you need to change your profile now.
Your tarheel neighbor.

Hey guys got a question for you. I have a 73 that my dad just dropped off yesterday. I'm trying to get my plan together. It's in pretty good shape except the wiring harness and engine. I need to do a re-ring on the engine, and the wiring is almost destroyed completely. While I'm in the engine, do you think I need to replace the governor gear? I've heard those things tend to deteriorate over time. Also, where can I find a good wiring harness?

I'd love to do a complete restore now, but unfortunately it's not in the budget. Instead I'm going to get her running good and use it while I save up for the restore, so budget is a concern.

Well, the first order of business on the Scruffy O was to remove the german Hella driving lights. I know how easy it is to overdrive one's stock lights with that brutishly powerful 7 horse Kohler!!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Latest posts

Back