• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 11, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brent, my guess is the piston seized and then your rod was the sacrificial element...or maybe the rod just gave up? Looks like it all grenaded down in the block, hopefully nothings too torn up. Also looks like alot of carbon deposits on the front of the cylinder, leaking or blown head gasket too, almost looks like the piston smacked the head pretty hard when the rod broke too.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Hello all,
I have a friend of a friend selling a sickle bar mower. He tells me he used it on a Cub 149.
I maybe interested in it if it fits what he said. I have a 169 that I would like to use it on. I attached 2 photos of it. Can anyone give me a little more info on it and if it will work on a Cub 169?
These are hard to find and I guess bring decent money?

Bob

231537.jpg

231538.jpg

Bob S,
If it was made to fit a 149, it will also fit a 169. However, I don't know what brand that one is, but it doesn't appear to me to be complete. I appears there may be some of the mounting brackets missing and some belt pulleys/belts to drive/operate it appear to be missing. If it is a little known brand, finding missing parts could be a problem.

Thank you for posting/fixing that pic Charlie. <font size="-2">(gotta love Firefox)</font>

Eddie, that loader must be really handy. One of these days the 1466 mini might just be fitted for one.

Help!
I am rebuilding an Original rear end- new seals, bushings & o-rings on both sides. The brake side has a slow oil leak took it all apart mic'ed the axle it's ok drove the seal in approx 1/16 in removed both shims and it's still leaking??

Is there a better seal? I bought these from Scott Madson? Is there a trick to the shims? What am I missing?

Thank you
Paul

Charlie,
I couldn't view the pic either. Clicked on it to see if it worked and encrypted code, or whatever it is, was all that appeared. I must love a challenge.
Glen C.,
There are times when bigger would be better(save the jokes) but it's amazing what these tractors can do.

Ive said the same things about my 149 Eddie, but they are very strong little machines for their size. Certainly heavy enough. Got my V61's in today, heres a teaser pic, the rest are in my thread in the sandbox.

231557.jpg

Hi I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of creeping on my 149 hydro.

Brent,
Almost looks like it was running too hot for a good while and starting melting the piston along the top causing it to seize like mentioned.
Bob S,
That sickle mower in my opinion does not appear to be for a Cub and I can't see how it worked if it did. I'd probably pass on it if it were me and go find a good Haban for 300-400. The sickle mowers are heavy and use the front axle and drawbar for support to hold them up and vibrates a lot when using them. Whatever that one hooks would probably break or bend on a Cub under heavy use.

Hello
1a_scratchhead.gif
. Just got a call for my 129 loader to go back in the shop to have hard lines installed for the bucket and lift cylinders. That was great news for me,He finally has time to fit it in and bend all the lines for a much neater job. I guess this means that I will have to put on the decal kit I got from Charlie . I will post a finished picture next week when He gets the lines done.Monday is the day to take it up to get it done.

231610.gif

I also need to know if the 16K in the quiet lines had a resistor coil like the older Cubs. It does not have a starter gen so I need to know if they still had the resistor coil. Thanks Don

Bob S
The sickle mower looks just like one I just picked up as part of a package that included a Montgomery-Wards (Garden Mark) tractor made by Simplicity from the early 1960’s. This mower would also fit the Allis-Chalmers B110 (and possibly other models) as well as Roper. I’m sort of entertaining the idea of modifying mine to be a sleeve hitch mount unit that would run off the rear PTO of a Cub Cadet 70 or 100. I'd probably be smarter selling it and finding a nice Haban?? I've seen asking prices in the $375-$550 range. Don't know if they get it or not.

Don:
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hello . Just got a call for my 129 loader to go back in the shop to have hard lines installed for the bucket and lift cylinders.
happy.gif

So, another one gets a new home.
231636.jpg

Gotta love the fancy pulley covers.
231637.jpg

and the new and improved fiber pto button replacement.
231638.jpg

But hey! She's a runner with no smoke. LOL

GLEN - I bet the prior owner DRILLED Holes in the air cleaner to feed more air to the engine.

Latest posts

Back