• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 11, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie-

It's simply amazing what some people come up with as "money savers". That PO needed a mechanic to tell him no more air was needed for that breather. The only advantage I see is gas might leak out the from the outside in the case of a needle stuck open letting the operator know sooner. It's not much of an advantage. And the carriage/stove bolt in place of the fiber button...what's up with that? I'm guessing he had to lengthen the adjusting rod in order for it to work. I'd like to see his "shop". I bet it's full of these money savers. That's the first I've seen of homemade pulley covers. The covers are usually just tossed and forgotten. I also see where the dirt daubers found the set screw holes in the pto. They are apparently the perfect size.

At least it has been rescued and doesn't smoke which is a biggy. I'm with Kraig...that poor 105.

Now are you going to tell us of the extra wheel weights, the tiller, the snow thrower, etc that came with it?

More air?? Why would you drill holes right where the rubber edge of the filter element sits? You're not going to get much air like that!
1a_scratchhead.gif

<font size="-2">But I guess in some strange sense, the previous owner's own stupidity of drilling the holes in the wrong spot save him from the stupidity of letting in non-filtered air...</font>
bottom.gif

Charlie-
Don't be making fun of the wooden-pulley-covers. They're an engineering marvel... They have cut outs for the deck hanger and holes drilled in them for the grease fittings. What else would you want?!?!?

Kraig-
Quit worrying, it's JUST a 105!
roflol.gif

ART - I kinda agree about the deck covers... the guy even used screws to assemble them instead of nails. Plus he used Nyloc nuts on the fiber button replacement!

Guy must have drilled all the holes in the air filter cover with a hand drill. He didn't like drilling on a curved surface! Yep, I've said it before.... A cordless drill IS a DANGEROUS WEAPON in some people's hands!

I just checked in to see if someone could answer the question I ask on my last post. Could some tell me where I could find the answer !
Thanks Don T
(on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 06:08 pm
happy.gif

I've had this 109 for about 15 years but only done PM on til recently. Got it from my in laws when they got a White mower and the next year they asked if I wanted to trade. NO! I'll post more pics.

231655.jpg

Mr. Don T.,
Parts look-up says 108 and 1650 have the same part no.

Coil part no. that is.
Probably stayed the same until points became a thing of the past.

Eddie Burton

Thansk for that info . I was ask the question and since I don`t own a 1650 I had to ask. I did not want to give out the wrong info. Thanks again
thumbsup.gif

Back