• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Monkeying around in Shultzie's garage

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. When I lived on Long Island (lower NY) the snow would come down heavy and wet but the air temp and ground never really got cold for too long. I can see that the Gent from Pearl River probably has that same scenario. So, you can away with Ags. But where I am now, ice cold, hard rubber, would just chatter over a hard pack ground that's hasn't seen as high as 5 degrees in weeks. When the ground is that hard, you need cutting steel. Sometimes even they won't bite in enough. Added weight or not.
The pic shows 4 link V chains. I added to them, they are 2 link now.
Even the backhoe needs chains for when we get the real snowfall
I shud have been more transparent and must agree with Tony. Coordinates in Pearl River are 41 degrees N and 74 degrees W, not freez-ass where he lives now. I hated the nuisance of taking chains on/off and mowing with chains just brings lotsa dirt in the shed. So, living in a temperate zone, for the last 23 years I used them Carlisle's at 10+ psi (no more) and 160 lbs out back. In 2019 we had a mammoth storm of 25 inches, my 12 HP Elec-Trak moved it, no skids. I shud also say that our driveway pitches 3" to the street.
Cheers and Merry Christmas, Jack

I shud have been more transparent and must agree with Tony. Coordinates in Pearl River are 41 degrees N and 74 degrees W, not freez-ass where he lives now. I hated the nuisance of taking chains on/off and mowing with chains just brings lotsa dirt in the shed. So, living in a temperate zone, for the last 23 years I used them Carlisle's at 10+ psi (no more) and 160 lbs out back. In 2019 we had a mammoth storm of 25 inches, my 12 HP Elec-Trak moved it, no skids. I shud also say that our driveway pitches 3" to the street.
Cheers and Merry Christmas, Jack
Elec-trac = full-torque right now, vertical torque curve !!! ❄️🚜💨

I replaced the blades on the zero turn. Has anyone used these on there mower? These are a little thicker than the stock ones. I hope they hold up better.
IMG_9963.JPG

Img_9963-cropped.jpg

Those look like the old Gator mulching blades. I've used them before, they work great. They really chop up the clippings and turn dry leaves to dust.

I replaced the blades on the zero turn. Has anyone used these on there mower? These are a little thicker than the stock ones. I hope they hold up better.
View attachment 156774
View attachment 156775
My blades look like that after every season,lots of sand and pine needles. I have a set of mulching blades on the way for my o-turn as well, curious to see if they wear any better

Back