• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 11, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
wow you all are so funny!
231487.gif

i will post the 1512 in the am as now I have clearance from old gumpy lol. I had a good day and my 129 loader was a big help fixing my short cumming` so I did get a bunch done and will post a lot more soon as I get some outside stuff done.The wife got to much stuff to move and put away . I wish I had the storage area Charlie has. second thought the wife would only fill that up and Cubs would need a new home. NOT going to Happen !!!
old.gif

Hey Don T.-

It looks like you need to invest in some more covered cub space. And it's not "you all", it's "yall", one simple word that has worked for centuries. Just widen the drive a foot or so (that's 12 inches) and things will be good.

Thanks for the pics. Things have have been a lttle drab lately. And don't forget about more pics...lessen the drab.

Don T, Mabey it's just me but I think that drive is just about perfect. It just looks right for landscape around it. Have you thought of just narrowing up that trailer a little? Probly not even a whole foot, just 6 inches on each side.
happy.gif

Dave R...
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Probly not even a whole foot, just 6 inches on each side. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
rofl.gif

I was working on my "new" Original this weekend, just got it running after 4 years of sitting. I went to put it in gear and nothing happened! It went about 2 feet and sat there and ran like it was in neutral. It has the creeper on it...is there a roll pin behind the creeper or somewhere inside of it that could have sheared? Possibly an input shaft failure? any ideas would be appreciated...

Little Donnie Tanner!
You post that POS in the main forum board and I'll have my wife jump on you with both feet! And slap you into next week.
eek.gif

Ryan good job on getting it running. Start at the front drive shaft pulley and work your way back, find out whats not turning and where. Heck make sure the creeper didn't pop out of gear on you.

Well since it wasnt moving I jumped off the tractor while it was running and in gear (SHHHH! i know it aint safe) to see WTH was going on. Everything looked fine; the driveshaft was turning, I tried it in both high and low in the creeper and it did the same thing, just wouldnt move. I cant believe it would have sheared a rollpin with all that crazy hp it has
bash.gif

<font size="-2">Uhoh...guys I think Charlies gettin serious!
a_blink2.gif
</font>

Wayne Shytle

That ain`t gona happen, I got all the cub storage buildings that I need. I have two 10' x 12' buildings plus the garage 28'x30' . I would not dare say i`am needing another cub shed.
wedgie.gif

I did stretch the drive some with the help of the 129 loader and I now have to winterize the fiver in the am, seems we will get frost tonight .
I will post some pictures in the am.

Charlie P
Just like you to lol.I bet your better half would be much gentler than you would . So just to be nice I will make sure to have an IH built Cub in the same picture with the diesel. I see that has worked for some on here. I do like showing the hitch that I bought from Aaron . Makes for a fine working tractor.
1AA_dance2.gif

Well, speaking of Cub buildings. After 5 years of waiting and saving, I'm finally putting up a new Cub Condo. (I was waiting until it was further along pop the surprise, but...)

Here is a teaser pic of me and a friend lifting up the first wall with my truck. "NOTE TO SELF: only build half the wall at a time for the other side."

231514.jpg

Unfortunately, I had to do all of the excavation, grading, etc. with a mid-size J/D. (I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it is a very nice machine.) But the 782 has been throwing a fit ever since it showed up on the property. Everything from mysterious water in the carb, fouled plugs, the Hydro suddenly went WAYYY out of adjustment literally over night, to flat just refusing to run. This probably put the nail in the coffin for my relationship with the 782. I had to use it as dead-weight to hold down the J/D when really going deep with the backhoe. I even bought her a new pair of shoes for this project... Guess I'm going to have to do some waxing now that the J/D has left.

231515.jpg

I did take alot of photos of the 782 helping out. But then decided to get all artistic last night. Check out this "old photo"

231516.jpg

I'll post a link to my garage build as soon as I get that thread all sorted out.

BTW. The garage Cub Condo is a 50'x30' with 11' walls and vaulted ceiling.

Nic B.
I see one problem right off with your new building!
It's NOT going to be big enough this time next year!
beerchug.gif

NIC - Charlies right, you make think your new shop is big enough now, but give it a year or two.

Ohhhh.... some of the best days Dad ever had farming were the days his green tractors left the farm for the last time. He told me one day in all seriousness when we had troubles with the 4010-D, "I always keep one of those damned green things around to remind me to NEVER buy another one!" It's hard to say what the problem with the 4010 was, it was an absolute MONEY PIT. If it ran more than 3-4 days without something going wrong you knew you were on borrowed time with it! And it was always weird off-the-wall problems lots of times. But we had all the normal 4010 problems too, blown head gaskets, draft sensing bar leaks that drain the whole rearend of oil in an hour, the "usual stuff".

Wa-Yoo! After changing the oil & filing the points & plug, the 1450 started right up. Let it warm-up & didn't notice any smoking, think I'm good to start fixing her up.
Question though. Can someone tell me if the hydro control rod is round or square?

Yeah, I know it won't be big enough in a few years. But right now this thing feels absolutely huge. It's more than 3x bigger than the shop I build my last 2 cars in and has 200 sq ft more than my parents whole house.

BUT, county rules are I can only build 1500 sq ft...........at a time. I'm already envisioning the addition to the rear for the "machine shop".

And no financing here, this is an all cash build. I've seen my bank account drop so fast! But at least I'm not sinking that money into a useless green money pit.

Norm, Congrats on the start-up. Let's see some pics of the restore when you get to it.

Hello all! Been a long time since I posted anything, but wanted to share my latest finds:

231525.jpg

The 125 also came with a deck and Snowblower attachment:

231526.jpg

The find might not be as big a score as Ryan's, but the 125, blower attachment, and deck were all in my truck and back to my house for a simple $100 bill.
buttrock.gif
I'll take that, thank you very much!

The 108 and 123 were each found locally as well for under 3 bills for the pair. Now I just have to make room in the garage without the wife noticing.
bottom.gif

Charlie/kraig,
Was my last post acceptable?
That 5' box blade was loaded with a forklift. Was going to drag it off the trailer but decided to try the 149 loader with fork attachment. Took my time and it really didn't appear to be too much of a load for it.

While I'm posting, might as well show the findings of my 147 engine issue. While I was mowing last summer the 147 started smoking like a chimney at the backside of the lot. I turned around and started limping it back to the house. Unfortunately it didn't make it. Sat in my garage for a year before I finally got to it a couple weeks ago. 5 points for anyone who can tell me what's wrong here:

231531.jpg

Here's a hint:

231532.jpg

231533.jpg

bash.gif
So obviously there is a bit more damage than I had hoped for on the old girl. But a rebuild was in the future anyway, so as long as I don't need to sleeve her I think I'll have a good runner again before spring.

Back