• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 08, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a little work on the 102 today getting it ready for some plowing in a few weeks.

Got some new shoes all the way around.
Replaced the sediment bowl gasket to stop a small gas leak.
Replaced 1 Headlight
Replaced the light switch

Of course wouldn't you know it as soon as I got everything back together, the other headlight that was working went out, so I guess I'll be going back to Farm and Fleet sometime this week to get another one.

214409.jpg

For all of you guy's that have rebuilt engines and the tin work/flywheel end of the beast associated many times, you should get a kick out of this. First, I had PROUDLY mounted the carb. forgetting the tin that goes behind it. Thankfully I have plenty of gaskets for these type of "special moments". Then, admiring my shiny flywheel, decided to mount the grass screen. Did so and then tried to mount the big blower housing tin. Are you laughing yet?? Oh well, live and learn.

A little off topic,,, but,,, the darn dog said I.H. with his lips. (a Friend came over with his dog Duke. WELL TRAINED animal, very friendly) Anyways he said watch this I've taught him how to SMILE, and in increments of said smile. He uses his thumb and forefinger as the point of reference. I said have him say I.H. and here is the "H" part of his rendition.

214412.jpg

Thanks Luther for your insight. It made me decide to find another block to build up.

Don T.
In your post you said I would have piston skirt alignment missing. Am I missing something as I do not believe the piston skirt should ever come in contact with the cylinder bore? But then Lucas said he had a knock with a chunk out of the casting.

Mr. Kirk... do you have an opinion on my query.

Lucas
I'll "fix" your confusion. When you asked about balance gears, in the post two below you, LUTHER mention about the bottom 1/2" of a cylinder wall being missing and it created a knocking noise.

Richard T simply mixed up the names when he mentioned it.

Jeff

Did some aerating this afternoon,no action shots...
I use these wheel weights that was on a 122 I sold .they are made of concrete.make excellent weight for the aerator.The 71 pulled it with no problem.
Don T
Rock is already old,It will outlast all of us...
Richard T,
That is one mean looking dog!!
214416.jpg

214417.jpg

Could someone post or send me a picture of the PTO linkage hooked up on a 100 cub cadet with hyd. lift the piece that connects the 2 rods wants to hit the pulley on the hyd. lift.Thanks,Joey.

Richard Tunison

I said you might have an alignment issue for the piston because there is so much broken off the bottom of the bore. I looked at your picture again and ( do I see as crack in your block ??? )
214434.jpg

Dennis Frisk

LoL the wife has some of that bark in bags here and will change her mind I bet from stone to something else soon.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

I feel safe when I have both feet on sold ground
clappy.gif

Lewis Palma

Thanks giving the wife ideas ! more seat time for
me with aerating .
1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

Guys my 147 set outside for 3 months and now won`t start. I added fresh gas and now have the battery on charge. I think some starting fluid will be used soon. I will have a door on the new cub shed Monday so I thought I might get all my Cubs under cover again.
old.gif

The 147 now runs(but will need the carb cleaned).
The problem was a Champion plug. I installed an Autolite I got from digger and see kicked and ran .A wash along with my truck is next.
214438.jpg

old.gif
I need 2 new seats
bash.gif

Well I washed the truck and the car and the 147 I`am done for today.
214458.jpg

Ge sorry Charlie I put my 1512 in that picture.
Shotgun.gif
shhh.gif
old.gif

Don T; She started because she didn't want to go through this again:
smile.gif
214460.jpg

2 straps, always use 2 straps!

Jeff D., thanks for clearing up my name mistake. CRS.
Don, no that's not a crack but a casting line. I'm going to get another block that isn't in the poor shape this one was in.

Richard T.-

Too bad you didn't know that block was junk before I drove to FL...I have a K301 that needs rebuilding that I could have thrown in the back of my car.

Yes I am still alive and well. Been kept busy with work and the "Honey Do List" so little to no Cubtime
sad.gif

DONALD - I'm not sure what it means but my mulch supplier moved his stockpiles from 20+ miles away to just down the road a quarter mile. I think I qualify for the volume discount. Everything he does is Bulk. I got a truck-load several years ago, my F250 holds about three cu. yards. His dually with the big tall box & hoist holds about 12.

Played with BIG blocks today. Making a short retaining wall. 40 block in three trips with the loader, could have made it in two but I think I still need about another 20-30 block!

I think what you see in Richard's block is a parting line for the cores used to make the inside contours of the block. Too straight to be a crack. But it's entirely possible it's cracked someplace else.

Ohhh And the problem with your Champion plug is that it's WAY too new. The 25-30 yr old Champion D-15Y's in the Super H are actually a heat range too cold, it's supposed to have D-16's, but with todays bad gas most people have to run D-21's, WAY too hot IMHO. ANYHOW, the old girl starts on the first revolution, will idle for hours. I think Dad put new D-18Y's in his M before it moved to Wisconsin. It runs pretty good too, starts on the second revolution after sitting for 6 months. I just wish I had some way of really loading them, make them sweat for a bit.

Hugh S - Good to see you back on here. I watched for you at the Montrose Plow Day this weekend. I'm not sure what my bride is up to, but she told me that my Honey-Do will wait - told me to go plow. Of course I was suspicious, but didn't waste any time getting the 782 loaded up and headed out! Now it's Sunday night & I'm watching football, and still no negative comments. I hope she's feeling OK...

bouncy.gif

Back