• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 07, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digger....Nice candle holders...LOL.

Re. the Brinly dump cart....A wheel barrow mounted on the back of a garden tractor?, or is there more to it....

Does anyone know if Cub Cadet Connection is still in business?
I sent them an e-mail a week ago using the address on their 'business card' at the top of the page, and have not gotten a reply.

I put the dozer blade and 3 sets of weights on my 1450 yesterday, (geting ready for a dirt leveling project) and found out the 1450 has a problem....the gas tank has a leak! Looks like one of the straps has worn through in the front where the strap bolts together. My 'local' CC dealer is loving my business lately...with buying several parts for my 122 restoration, and now a new QL gas tank...LOL

Neat pics Marlin. Looks like the 127 is in decent shape.

(Message edited by Bcook on October 10, 2005)

Hank. I like the second concept Cub better. If I may ask will your book finally give out the secret to stopping hydro oil leaks?

Steve -- that's just one of the grills and decal styles for that version. I will post more over the next many days unless Bryan tells me not to.

Those drawings date to oct./nov. of '61.

STEVE - Your right on #2.... 706 or early 656. Looks good! And they even got the seat spring on the right way!

Bill --

The BB-100 Dump Cart was invented expressly to add temporary rear ballast for tractors with a front blade (or other heavy front implement) according to the engineer who designed it. It was problematic though on machines where the front and rear lift could not be separated. It consisted of the wheel barrow pan and various hitches for a bunch of different tractors. Of course it was handy for moving stuff around and dumping it, but as I recall my decal said something like 100 or 150 pounds of capacity. Interestingly, the Guard-N-Cart which looks like a grill guard in the up position and makes a nice haul platform in the down position was also invented to add temporary front ballast when heavy rear implements were on the tractor. Some day I hope to write an article on Brinly-Hardy and some of their attachments. So many things to write about-so little time.

Hi Hank, long time, no talk!

When I saw the Dump Cart pics, I said , 'heck it's a wheel barrow!' I imagine it would have worked pretty good if the mount would have bolted to the rear end. With the weight being 'high', and hanging off the back of the tractor, down pressure on the tires would have been quite a bit with 150lb in the pan.

Bill -- yes, long time -- imagine the wheelies with a pan full of pea rock
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 123
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 118
Hank, Right on!...but I get in trouble for popping wheelies with the 1450 as it is
uhoh.gif

I just got some bad news from the CC dealer, Quietline gas tanks are now NLA
swear.gif
...just wanted to pass that along.

Attachments

• swear.gif
    swear.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 121
  • uhoh.gif
    uhoh.gif
    1 KB · Views: 121
  • uhoh.gif
    uhoh.gif
    1 KB · Views: 117
  • swear.gif
    swear.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 123
31290.jpg

Attachments

• 31290.jpg
    31290.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 31290.jpg
    31290.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 120
Here's a better view of the grill.

31292.jpg

Attachments

• 31292.jpg
    31292.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 31292.jpg
    31292.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 124
oh what the heck -- here is one more for today and then I HAVE to go finish this Wheel Horse piece for Farm Collector.

Note the different grill and decals fromthe second one I posted earlier. I actually kind of dig this grill.

31296.jpg

Attachments

• 31296.jpg
    31296.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 31296.jpg
    31296.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 120
Hank. I agree with you. The second grille is downright fancy. That would be a nice little tractor to actually have a real one of. (I sent you the leak stopping story.)

Wild Bill.....CC Quiet Line Gas tanks took the NLA Nap last year......CC says the $$$ to repair the mold don't justify the cost. You can get the gas caps yet.

Where's our resident poly manufacture???

(Message edited by kupdike on October 10, 2005)

Hank,

Somebody turned a 560 grill upsidedown on that last one!!!!!

I do like the 706 grill look the best, however, I would speculate that after they got the Original in production and out in the field for a while they realized how fragile the unsupported "loop" of CI was (when introduced to trees, garages, walls, etc.) and added cross pieces to the designs for the 70/100 and others following.

A 70 with the 706 style grill would have been the PERFECT baby brother to an early "clamshell" fender 706....add vertical bars and the 100 could have been the 1/4 scale 806!!!!!

I have to admit, I am more partial to the IH CC styling/designs that echo the big red stuff, 102/4100, xx8/9/66/86, 82 series......they just look like they "belong".

Does anyone know for sure that a Haban Sickle mower Model 402D fits a wide frame? (A 129 in particular) It would be perfect for keeping the ditches cut. Is there any place to get an owners
manual?

Lynn F,
The 402-D is for narrow frames.
The 420-E is for wide frames.
I dunno how much trouble it would be to modify the D though.
31298.jpg

Attachments

• 31298.jpg
    31298.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 31298.jpg
    31298.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 139

Latest posts

Back