• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 10, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This past weekend I received a most delightful Christmas present - a 107 Cub Cadet! It came complete with mower deck, wheel weights, plow blade, chains, and an IH Windbreaker cab.

It was a gift from the family of a very dear friend who passed away several years ago. They had no use for it and knew of my love for these things, and the significance it had for me. Needless to say, I was touched!

This tractor was bought new by my friends dad, and was always in their family. It has been meticulously maintained, always greased, oil always changed. The steering feels like a new tractor and the hydro works smoothly. The engine needs a little freshening up. The grass screen was all but covered with chaf so I know it had been running hot. But it still runs with an occasional puff of blue smoke.

Still has the original seat which is in remarkably good condition.
14420.jpg

"The engine needs a little freshening up."

Uh, oh. I'll bet that means it'll get a "David Kirk CARE package" . . . .

Cub
Advanced
Reciprocating
Engine

Dave K,
You have mail.

Wyatt,
Thank you for the answer on KW vs HP.

Every one

Thanks for the insight on hammering.
happy.gif

Wyatt, what a great idea! I like the acronym too.

Here's another item from the KSW (Kirk Skunk Works) that I'm tinkering with. A tiny transistorized points saver with built-in static timing light. Point current reduced from 2.9 amps down to 100 milliamps. Points will last the life of the engine. No condenser required. About 1 inch square, it can be hidden anywhere, keeping the stock appearance. Presently undergoing endurance testing.
14422.jpg

Wyatt,
Here is another tip for set screws. If you have
an allen socket (the type that fits on a ratchet)
that fits the screw this works good. After you tighten the screw, remove the ratchet and hit the socket a couple times with a hammer, then tighten it some more. Works like an impact wrench in reverse. You could probably also use a small punch
that fits down to the bottom of the hole. On square head set screws you can hit the head directly with the hammer.

Dave K. Nice little heirloom that you've acquired. Since I don't have a Cub ready for usage yet I have been using the Massey 10 that I acquired just before PD6 for snow removal. When I visit with the gentleman that I acquired it from I keep him informed on how neat of a little machine it is. It is a great joy to see his eyes light up. He knows I'll never sell it and lets me know how happy he is to know it went to a loving home. One thing... that cab on it has totally spoiled me for snowblowing. You stay dry and fairly warm on a day like today. (7* tops for a temp.)

Kraig. That 3 pt that you have pictured was sold by Cub Connection last fall. I tried to buy it about a day after it was gone.

Kraig and others,

The 3pt hitch and box blade that was on the 125 are now in IL on Gary Taylors 1572D, that is now a Red 982D with custom hevy duty 3pt, he used the tractors hydrulics, and did away with the seperate pump that was mounted on the box, to lift it on the 125. He said it works great, the box hanging on there realy helps with weight. I will try to get some pictures of it next time I see him. The 125 is now about 20 miles from here being used on a weekly bassis during the summer to mow. The 3pt was built by a guy not to far from here he actuly built it for a guy that wanted a custom built 3pt to put on his Case Garden tractor, then he decided he was going to get rid of the tractor and did not need it. So the guy that built it had 2 125s and he decided to put it on his 125, then he later traded us the 2 125s in on a 1450, and decided to let the hitch go with it, he probably built another one for his 1450.

David-
Excelent idea, is it just an LED?

Does the unit generate enough heat that it would need to be mounted in airflow?

Keep us updated, I know I want one for sure . . . . and I'd be open to field testing too, I'm sure I can get hours on it this winter ;-)

BIG favor I need to ask of someone;

Anyone with a 123 decal set laying around, I'd really like a scan of the model number decal. If someone can, post it or send it to me at [email protected] , thanks!

Wyatt> I have a new replacement set for my 123 on order, they hopefully will be in this weekend. I will take some pics of them and e-mail them to you when I recive them.

BTW. The decal kit for Cub Cadet 123 is still advailable through cub dealers. Also decal kits for 102's

If you can possibly scan them it'd be great, but a picture will get me started.

Bryan, Kraig, Nate,
Thanks for the info on the throwers. I'm going to do some testing myself of larger sheaves and then add the slip plate. Will follow with details of throwing distance.
Thanks Again,
Marcus

Does any one have photos or drawings of the runners on a 44c deck. I would like to scale how far they extend below the deck. I'm revamping a deck to just working order and need to replace the runners.

MARCUS - If Your trying to speed Your blower up You better start with a SMALLER Driven pulley. Circumference of the PTO pulley times engine RPM (3600?) equals an Inches per minute figure. Divide that by the circumference of the driven pulley equals the blowers' RPM. I think the PTO pulley is about 4-1/4" where the belt runs and with a driven pulley dia of 4" the driven shaft runs about 3825 RPM; With a 3-3/4" driven pulley the driven shaft RPM would be 4080 RPM. Torque would be proportionately less, belt would be shorter, belt would have less surface area to transmit torque and would be prone to slipping more.. YADA-YADA-YADA... IMHO, YMMV, etc. etc. etc. I think Bryan & Steve B. have done this modification, and Possibly Kraig and have had great success.

Does anyone have a large photo of an Original hood logo that they can e-mail me?

Thanks,

Jim

Denny/Marcus/et al -

For some reason 4" sticks in my mind...

You're right, you do lose the torque, but with a hydro you can easily adjust how you feed it...

Audiophiles -

Tonight I test the 169 with my new Bose noise cancelling headphones. They do wonders cancelling out the din of an EMD F40PH, I'm hoping I can actually listen to something while Cubbing...

Tim K. -

You're better off cutting off the runners and installing the replacement kit, which consists of front guage wheels.

You will need the wheels and the brackets (thanks Apostle
wink.gif
). Works MUCH better than the runners, and was designed for the 44" and 50" decks.

CCC, thanks for the info on the CAT-0 on, now off, the 125.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on December 12, 2003)

Back