• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 26, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SB -

Not cautioning you about the gear, but those that are gonna use electric motors.

The only electric motor I ever saw used on the blower chute was an electric window assembly and that worked slick.
happy.gif

Here is some more info on my chute rotator.
The motor came from the surplus center.
www.surpluscenter.com It is an electric wiper motor. 44 RPM at 12v DC, reversable, continuous
duty, draw 1.5 amps no load. Item # 5-1367 price $18.95. I didn't want to cut up my manual rotator.
The sprocket on the manual rotator is the same as
a 12 tooth # 40 chain sprocket. So I got one of them and made a hub for it. They don't give the torque output of the motor, but it stops when it gets to the end of the slots and doesn't chew them up. It takes about 5 seconds to rotate from one side to the other. I may eventually remake the bracket for it. I couldn't put the
sprocket in the same place as the manual one. So it doesn't rotate as far to one side as the other. I guess
I could add a few extra slots too. I haven't taken any pics of it yet, but will post some when I do.

Steve B.

How far are yo from 1-39?

I am taking a trip up to Compton to pick up some mini hot rod pulling tires friday and thought if you were not too far from I-39 and not too busy, I'd swing by and meet you and your cubs on my way back. Probably be like Charlie Mc and get a little envious of some of your neat stuff.

Don V.

Don't pack the side panels on you trip to Columbia, Mo. Haven't got this deal complete yet.

About 20 miles west of El Paso, IL in Metamora. I should be around most of the day Friday. Chris E. may be here for a while as well.

Friday is clean out the shed/install snow equipment on Cubs day.

Email me at the addy in my profile and I'll get you some phone #'s

Jeff-
Always a smart #$@ aren't we?....
happy.gif

My answer to your question about a 70 vs. a 71 is that the 71 of course had different sheet metal and grill shell, but the 7hp Kohler went to a compression release and the starting equipment went from a turn-key and push button on the 70 to a standard turn-key with incorporated starter detent on the 71. Other than that they were/are the same. The 72 was pretty much the same deal only with different (read = ugly) sheetmetal, but they had a different shifter and were the first model to incorporate the QA system up front. Some of the <font size="-2">crazy..cough, cough</font> people on this forum claim that the 72/1X5 series was the PINACLE of cubdom, but we all know better.....now don't we?
happy.gif

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. I hope you all have a great holiday today and an enjoyable holiday weekend. Travel safe!

Keith

Matt K. -

Just somthing I made - all ya need is a drill and a hacksaw
lol.gif

Everyone have a great holiday today!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
happy.gif
Travel safely!

Todd, That idea of using the gear motor
14145.jpg

on your chute was great. Looks like an easy solution for lots of situations. I just checked it out. They say it's a 44 RPM 12/24 VDC 1/70 HP ENTSTORT GEARMOTOR.

(Message edited by jlang on November 27, 2003)

How many of you have received Kraig's PD6 video or CD? Here's a small 5"X4" version of a 28"X21" photo we sent to him for it.
14147.jpg

Lot's to be thanksful for!
happy.gif

Sorry it has to be so small to post here!
happy.gif
You can see great detail in those CD photos!

John L,
The only minor problem I had with it was that the bolt holes and the threaded shaft are metric. It is made in germany. I looked through our wiper motor book at work and it looks very similar to the ones used on VW and mercedees cars. But it was a lot cheaper than any rebuilt wiper motor
from an auto parts store.

I have a question on clutch springs, I have found a site www.travers.com that has "Die springs" 1/1/4 OD 5/8 ID in light, medium, heavy and extra heavy load rating, the following pressure numbers are, 7" 369, 489, 916, 1099lbs , 8" 366, 486, 910, 1000lbs, 10" 360, 483 ,925 , 1128lbs. Would these be good replacement for the Cub clutch spring and what length would be good for my 108, the price seems fair. A great Thanksgiving to all.

Anybody else having problems with getting to CC Specialities site? I am just seeing the index of files. . .

Ryan -

Comes up fine here...

Larry,

Try Midwest Super Cub, they are all over the heavier spring thing.
proud.gif

Spot is set up for snow now. Had take a break from the remodel, now we won't get snow.

Happy Thanks giving to one and all!!!

Art, thanks for the information. I was asking cause I wanted to add a 100 to my collection, and when I got the 102 I was figuring that maybe that would be close enough... But after thinking about it, then I would be losing one of the model lines that is part of the collection. So I still need to get a 100. Along with a 1x9, maybe an 82 series and of course the QL's... Then if I get a loader, I may need another.... It just never ends.

So Art, is your conscience bothering you?
biggrin.gif

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Sure is good to be home with the family, instead of on deployment. God bless all our brothers and sisters over seas who are seperated from their families.

Forum Members,

As I read over our posts of the past few days, I realize we all have many things to be thankful for. Drive safely, spend time with family, give thanks.

Charlie

Latest posts

Back