• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 26, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a rear-end/hydro question.

Will the bull gear housings from a 154-184-185 fit on a hydro rear-end? If so, do they reverse the rotation of the wheels?

I have a 184 and it looks like they will but not sure what the short axles look like, etc.

I have a wild idea and am looking for info before I attempt it. No, not going to add them to a cub tractor.

Scott R.
I ran into the same problem recently. I bent the old one taking it out. I got a new piece of rod at Home Depot and threaded the one end like the old one, cut it to length and installed it. I made a tool to bend the end after it was installed. Used a piece of larger round stock and drilled a hole 1" deep and attached a handle to it. After the rod was installed I pulled it down and pryed it away from the handle to allow room for my tool to fit. I then heated the rod at about 1" back and using the tool I made bent it to the proper angle.

Bob Elliott,
I don't know where you live, but there is a guy close to me that has all the parts for the S/G and does repairs. He is very reasonable and knowledgeable. He is located not far from Lancaster, PA

Bob-
I'm assuming that you're going the "I've built everything on my own, I'm not going to send this out" route, good for you. They're not hard at all. They're just a reverse rotation version of a Chevy generator, lucky to us that they're the same thing (but with said reverse rotation) as the generators found on 50's to '62 Chevy generators. Here's everything you'll need to rebuild them, CLICK HERE

Sure is dead in here today. It was kind of discouraging yesterday. I left work with the ground white and still snowing and when I got home, there wasn't a flake on the ground, and none in the air either. I was hoping for enough to maybe do some playing in the snow.

Wyatt,

Which kit is the one I need? I see these kits:

57-62 (P) Generator rebuild kit - standard steering

Quantity in Basket: none
Code: 19-236
Price: $25.00

and

55-59 (P) Generator rebuild kit kt

Quantity in Basket: none
Code: 38-32
Price: $30.00

Bob-
I'm assuming it's the latter.

The kit I bought for my 169 came from a place I located through Hemmings, but it was a $45 kit. It looks to have the same pieces as the $30 kit listed on that link.

14173.jpg

Charlie or Kraig! Can you post a pic of the Red Baron? I don't have a pic and need one for reference. Thanks!

Charlie-A million thanks!
happy.gif
My neighbor wants to spruce up his 1250 and wanted to see what it looked like. That'll give him several different looks to go by!
thumbsup.gif

I'm getting tired of driving a truck that you have to wear a cowboy hat to drive. This is a little more my style ;-)
14182.jpg

Should match my trailer a little better also ;-)

Travis-
Just DON'T get the 6.0L diesel, the guys at International won't buy them, they're holding onto their 7.3's until the Common Rail Injection 6.0L comes out in about 2-3 years.

Guys, Someday I'm going to post a photo of my starter/generator test setup! It's unbelievable!!!

John L,
Okay, I'll bite. What's so unbelievable about it?

Todd M,
Neat idea on the electric chute rotator. What did you do for wiring? Switch? Is it fused? Quick disconnect plug?

SCOTT R., TODD, Charlie, et al - I think Charlie explained the best/easiest way to replace a bent/broken lift lever rod. I got REAL familiar with the process about a year or two ago. WYATT - Is it going to take THAT LONG for the Common Rail? If Ford doesn't get that 6.0L straightened out by then I may have buy Dodge CTD or maybe an INTERNATIONAL with a DT466.

Denny-
I'd think it'll take that long, first of all, they'll have to find a place to mount the pump, which will take a major redesign of the block. It might take a little less time if they work with a vendor like Denso like Deere uses for their common rail setup but given past history of International developing their own systems I'd bet they come up with their own.

WYATT - The 6.0L Curt & I test drove last Dec. , Well, Let's just say You couldn't see ANY of the engine under the hood. Never mind it was almost dark out. Pump drive on a 7.3 wouldn't be a problem because the timing gears are still up front to run the high pressure Oil Pump, cam, etc. I would almost think the heads would have to be from a clean sheet of paper too right? From what I've heard the lastest & greatest "Re-Flash" is better but still not World Class. They've moved from a 6.2 L GM up to about a 6.5 L GM Turbo diesel. Oh Well, There's always the New F-150 and it's $18/each spark plugs for the 3-valve 5.4L. Glad I don't need a new Cub Hauler for another couple years!
ALSO WYATT - Son's working on a new engine for Your truck... "All the power of a REALLY Bombed CTD with the fuel economy of a B-17" Probably end up around 540 CID 460 BB bracket motor. I'm having to buy ALL KINDS of new engine tools to work on this thing! None of My old stuff was big enough!
All the above May not be Cub related, but It'll get Me in practice before I tear into 3 Cub Cadet engines this winter! two K-161's & a real tired K-241.

Just got home from Daniel's with my 1 1/2 originals.

On the way back I spotted a place about 60 miles from me that has I'll bet a 100 cubs setting around in various states of repair-disrepair. I have missed this place in the past. Will have to make a trip back to see what the story is.

Daniel:

Should have looked at the map before I came over. Trip back was only 3:15 hrs. Went staight across. Skipped the interstate. Saved over 50 miles.

Thanks for waiting this morning.
ALl got home safely.

Noticed some interesting things. The 1/2 cub has a pair of brackets that are not on the whole cub. Look to be original. Interesting.

Hey Charlie,
Looks like ANOTHER parts book/manuals on ebay. Here's your big chance to stock up on al the (*@##$%^ manuals and parts books on ebay!

Latest posts

Back