• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 26, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcmeen

displayname
Bryan D. McMeen, Keeper of the Holy Hy-Tran
Art -

I think he's got "the BIG one." And I believe it meets the requirements for a snowblower.
wink.gif

IMO, Pat I. has one of the most interesting chute rotator setups.
14136.jpg

14137.jpg

Nope, that's a two-stage #450. (and an earlier one with the metal chute at that!) Doesn't that qualify it as a snowthrower, or do I have my terms messed up again?...

Art -

Are we forgetting FAQ question 23???
lol.gif

Crap, I'm gettin' hosed over here....
<font size="-2">at least nobody's watching today...</font>
cool.gif

I'm a little envious of you northern boys that get to plow all year long. NOT! Back in the good old days on the farm if there was enough snow to plow or blow, we stayed home!

Back to real plowing .... (turning dirt) .... I had a good weekend down here. Got my new Allis home from St. Louis and actually got to try it out Saturday. It is heavy!! May 50% to 75% heavier than the same size Brinly. The coulter design is good though. I would like to be able to move the coulter farther forward (I would also like to do this on the Brinly). However, it still jams up in loose bean fodder.

It has a different hitch than the Brinlys - less side to side stability. I think it might benefit from the wider Brinly hitch to keep it from flopping around. One nice thing about having more than one plow is seeing how different set-ups effect the function of the plow. Anyway, after playing with the cub and Allis for a couple hours, my buddy says "sure would like to get my garden plowed this fall". He is a hot pepper grower, and his garden was primarily dying pepper plants in rows with a groundcover of short annual weeds. In other words, very light weed sod with some tall plants sticking up. I put on the Brinly 12" with coulter and gauge wheel. That stuff plows great!! No jamming up, clean furrow, BEAUTIFUL!!! PLOW ON!!! Then I hit the stump he forgot to tell me about (Had burned it down to ground level). Dern near threw me off the 106! Anyway. It was a good time. So much fun I skipped out Sunday morning to plow some more. This time Q said "I sure would like to have part of that yard plowed up for a garden next summer. Think you can plow sod with that thing?" I said don't know, but will try. It was actually pretty soft and plowed very well. The catch to that was somebody had dropped a large chain in the yard years ago and it had become imbedded 2-4 inches deep in the soil for its whole length. THird or fourth round and that thing got caught on the share. It ran up the moldboard, wrapped around the shaft, hooked onto the landslide, and jerked me to another dead stop.
I sure was surprised! we unhooked it and pulled on it the other way to get it out of the ground, then finished plowing. As they say, A good time was had by all. Then I cleaned and greased the plows and put them up for the year. The rain started on my way home from the farm!

My cold weather jobs include getting fluid in the other rear tire, drilling bigger holes in my inner weights so I can attach my new IH weights on the outside, and working on a chisel plow for the cub. No snow plowing for me.

By the way, Morski's weights are the biggest things I can imagine bolting to any cub wheel! Too big for most to pick up, let alone bolt in place!

Here's wishing each and every reader and all those who post on the forum a very happy thanksgiving...don't eat to much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Message edited by rdehli on November 26, 2003)

What was the main difference between the 70/100 and teh 71/1x2? I know that the sheet metal was changed, but what else is there?

(Message edited by jrichardson on November 26, 2003)

Kraig, no the seat was on there when I got it. I have the "correct" fiberglass seat as well as the holder. As far as the fiberglass seat goes, I know that they were on the 1x5 series as well. I have also seen them on the 1x2/3 series too. In one of my manuals they show it on a 122. So is that the correct seat then? The sterring wheel came from the 102. I was happy to get that. It came with the Original/70/100/71/72. Then I put a steering wheel from the 1x8/1x9 series that I had laying around. The only thing I didn't like about the stearing wheels that I mentioned earlier as well as the proper wheel is that it is really close to the SR. I liked the 1x9 on there cause it gave way more room. But it looked dorky. Sort of like the guy with sandles on while operating the 59M... Who was that again?
lol.gif

Here is a pic of the doner 102:
14141.jpg

14142.jpg

I found the short in the 108 wiring!

The light blue line on the starter solenoid that goes to the "G" connection on teh voltage regulator is going to ground. That explains the starter turning over slow. I hope the battery is ok.

Thanks for the help guys!

Bryan,

Yeah, Dan's set-up on his chute is way-cool, I love the 360 deg. rotation!!!! I was all set to go the route he did until I started playing with my current set-up.......I have very little time invested in it and it works great.

BTW, the gear tooth does not chew on the slots at all. It is a std. IH gear, cut off of a junk manual rotator and turned into a shaft driven unit with 3 quick welds. In fact, it's actually SMOOTHER running than the jerky hand operated version. At the end of the slots the motor just stalls out...no excessive force due to the low pressure/flow.

Latest posts

Back