• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

PTO trouble

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PACub100

IHCC Supporter
Got a one for you guys...I'm at work, cub's at home but I thought I'd post quick to see if anyone's experienced this...

My son was using the 1450 to mow Sunday afternoon, slowed down the cub to idle in order to move my little guy's trampoline but he didn't turn off the deck (I told him never again). The cub stalled out and I believe he initially tried starting the cub while the PTO switch was still on. I walked over and we started the cub but now the PTO does nothing... I tried starting the cub yesterday after work to check the PTO just in case it was hot and same thing - nothing at all.

Just wondering if there's a tell-tale sign of what's wrong or if I just need to start tracing power and see what's what...

thanks,

Got a one for you guys...I'm at work, cub's at home but I thought I'd post quick to see if anyone's experienced this...

My son was using the 1450 to mow Sunday afternoon, slowed down the cub to idle in order to move my little guy's trampoline but he didn't turn off the deck (I told him never again). The cub stalled out and I believe he initially tried starting the cub while the PTO switch was still on. I walked over and we started the cub but now the PTO does nothing... I tried starting the cub yesterday after work to check the PTO just in case it was hot and same thing - nothing at all.

Just wondering if there's a tell-tale sign of what's wrong or if I just need to start tracing power and see what's what...

thanks,
I think there is a fuse.

You can use an ohm meter to check the fuses. Just don't go higher on the amp rating of the fuses.

Well it's the fuse, thanks guys... As you can see, it "looks" fine but I took the 20a fuse for the lights and swapped it in and it works 👍😎👍
IMG-50e6c7077b77b7a586ec5320ed0cec4c-V.jpg

The operators manual lists 10 amp fuses. If fuses are blowing check for a short in the wiring.

Didn't some CC use slow blow fuse? I had a new 1450 , but traded on a 1811...
Also check air gap on the PTO.

Latest posts

Back