• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthompson

displayname
Jim Thompson
Don't know why my pics didn't work. They worked when I "previewed" them.
dunno.gif

Jim, you got bit by the Archive Bug!
pcwhack.gif
Try again and I bet they post just fine.

Got some seat time on a beautiful fall day yesterday with the 149 and #2 trailer. Did a new task with them by hauling my neighbors air compressor over to blow out my underground spinkler system. His portable air compressor fit perfectly in the #2 trailer.

I put the mower decks away for the year and have been working on a few minor issues on the 149 and #2 782 to get them in tip-top shape for winter duty and beyond. Changed engine oil and installed a new drive shaft hub and rag joint on the 149 drive train. The old hub had significant wear in the slot for the hardened steel drive pin from 33+ plus years of service. Also, installed a new seal and retainer on the steering box along with the thrust bearing upgrade noted in the FAQ's section (see Charlie, some of us use the FAQ section). Still need to lube the chassis and put the blade and chains on to be ready for snow.

The #2 782 will need to have the hydro unit pulled to replace a leaking trunnion seal and install new spirol roll pins on the mower deck lift arms (one arm is over a 1/4" higher than the other). I also plan to do the steering box upgrade on it as well over the winter.

Progress on the 169 rebuild is slow. Mostly still disassembling and derusting parts one or two at a time and priming them. Took the front tires off the rims a week ago for derusting by electrolysis. This is sure a neat, easy way to remove rust and paint off parts (Glad I learned about that here on the forum). Finally got the lift arms off the rockshaft. It amazes me how the previous owner used and abused this Cubby as the studs that the deck hangers attach to are almost warn 1/4th of the way through the diameter, but that sure speaks well of how tough these Cubbies were designed and built. Guess he never thought to put a dab of grease on the lift arm studs each each spring! Well, that's all for now.

hi guys. i have the 149 rear fenders taken off to put on my lift bracket and unsure where the arm goes on the hyd cylinder. A picture will help lol
Thanks DonT

My neighbor says his 1450 is leaking fluid out the brake input. It's the later 1450 with the internal brake. I've never had one leak there before but it looks like you just drain the fluid and the brake retainer should come out the front and you should be able to replace the o-ring. Has anyone done that? Can you get it out without pushing from the back?

70511.jpg

Donald, this is the best I have, it's for a narrow frame 3 point but it should be similar enough, I hope....

70513.jpg

Donald, just found this one, note the green part.

70515.jpg

Richard C.-

Yes, you can, I've done it twice now. You could probably even do it without draining the fluid if you tip it up so that area is facing up. If the bore where it slides in is clean it'll come right out. I think I used a pair of needlenose pliers with the ends bent at a 45-degree angle.

RICHARD - Those internal brake parts look like the same parts in a gear drive. I replaced the o-ring & brake pads in the 72 about 16-18 yrs ago. I would be prepared to have to push the piston with the o-ring out of the bore from behind. I remember the piston was diecast and had corroded where it hadn't been bathed in oil, plus the piston bore also corrodes unless the hydro cork gasket has oiled the bore really well!

I figure while the 1100 was "on topic" I better take advantage seeing as how I'm probably one of the few 1100 owners here. Yea, mine is sitting BEHIND the barn, while the 1650, 1450, and 126 are IN the barn, but hey it's still mine.
wave.gif

Kraig thanks, does a 149 need the lift plate? or can i just bolt the bent lift arm to the place you show on the post. Thanks again Don T

Me again , yes Charlie i do have 1 of them. I`am thinking that its bolted to the arm and lift bar conects to that towards fram side of tractor.with washer and cotter key. is that corect? thanks Don T
bash.gif

Hi all,
I have not posted in a while as I have had a busy summer. Did normal mowing with the 782, tilling with the 125, and general yard trailer duties with the 72. Also aquired a 105 that I did some of my rougher mowing with but it is very tired.
I did go to the national IH collectors auction near Eagle Wisconson last week and there were a few CC's there. There were at least (3) from the same consigner that were in good shape with Ag's and lifts. My friend I went with bought a nice looking & running 128 that needed a clutch for $490. A nice model 86 with ag's, creeper & lift went for around $500. A walk behind 285? snowblower went for around $400.I missed the selling of two items of interest: a rear blade and a #2 trailer. I heard the blade had a $500 reserve and did not hear about the trailer. Maybe someone else has posted info on this already. I'll try to post some pics.
70528.jpg

70529.jpg

thanks for all the info guys. now i have to figger out how long the bolts need be to install my IH wheel weights 3/8in ,i`am thinking carrage bolts because of the square end.Looking for the hydro leak is impossible,i cleaned and removed the fenders and rear wheels to see better and no weep. now i am wondering as to why no leak . maybe only leaks after it has been running.thanks again Don T

hi guys, were is a good place to go to find info on where my Hydro is leaking. i ordered a cork gasket , but i`am not sure that is were it is leaking. any help would be great. Next to do is new rear brake shoes. i wonder what everybody uses. Thanks Don T

Latest posts

Back