• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve-
It's not "swamp-land"... Rather, think of it as "a property with a highly rich soil content and a propensity for moisture containment!"
joker.gif

Yea, our weather-guessers up here are saying that your weather guessers are correct. They predicted us to get this snow over a week ago, but I guess things change. Have at it, but either way, you owe me a snowstorm because YOU TOOK OURS!
happy.gif

Art , the 110s are no fun parting either , I never put one back together .

I kinda forgot about the backwards ag tire , those were the days .
lol.gif

any idea last week end used spray carb cleaner to
clean gunk from in and around carb now cant pull out choke without taking air filter off and helping by moving choke plate with finger

Wow Art!
It's been a while since everyone accused you of wrongfully mounting your Ag's on backwards. Here all along you knew what you were doin!!!!!. . .
groupwave.gif

Ed,
Maybe it needs more cleaning, i.e., it wasn't cleaned good enough and the gunk migrated to the choke parts.

Or,

Maybe you bent something during the rebuild.

Or,

Maybe theirs a restriction in the choke cable, it got kinked during the install.

I have a 73 model 149 and would like to build a loader. I was wondering if anyone knows what the built in pump puts out as far as gpm and psi.

Paul-
Here is my experience, maybe this will help. I'm certainly no hydraulics expert.

I had a Johnson loader for a 147, and the manual says the pump put out 1150psi. I also had a Johnson loader for an off-topic tractor that was missing the pump, so I found a small Barnes brand pump that put out 5-6 G.P.M., and that was perfect.

Hope this helps...

Paul, I don't recall the specs but I do recall that we've discussed this here before and the Hydrostatic pump does not have enough capacity to operate a loader. Better plan for a separate pump powered by the PTO.

Paul,

I have similar plans, and I was able find the specs you are looking for by searching the forum archives. There was a discussion, however, that dissuaded me from using the hydro system on the 149 to power the loader. If you extend both the lift and curl cylinders on the loader, you could empty out the transmission. Plus, the gpm and pressure available from the hydro pump is marginal for powering a loader. You would be better off to use an external pump powered by the PTO. Search the web for "backhoe and loader plans", and you will find a guy selling plans for a very well thought-out loader and backhoe that was designed around the 149. That's the way that I plan to go.

Latest posts

Back