• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening guys,
I have my 105 transmission out and need to tighten up the linkage. I'm doing that OK but I'm wondering how I will set the neutral with most everything under the tunnel cover. I have everything off that will come off but it's still tight in there. I've looked at the FAQ's but didn't find anything. By the way thanks for them.
Any information will be appreciated,
David

David S.-

If I remember right, the way I did it was to take that little circular cover off of the left side that exposes some of the linkage, and try to find the faint arrow pointing towards the slot on the cam plate. Theoretically, I think that it's in neutral when the arrow points to the center of the pin that rides in that slot. To adjust it, you'll need to adjust the tie rod linkage, making it either shorter or longer to get neutral in the right place. Maybe someone else that has done this since I have like 3 years ago will chime in here...
happy.gif

Don,

Your wheel weights go on with 1/2" carriage bolts. Buy 12" long bolts, fit them up and cut them off.......I never have good luck trying to guess
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Thanks guys for your info,i think tomorrow i will ask a friend if there is a dye that i can add to the hydro safely to find the leak, i plan to put in new hytran when leak is fixed i have a 20 liter pale here. Later Don

Hi guys, a new use for baby powder lol. i`ll post 2 pictures and i can see that the rear pan is leaking and put powder in front of hydro to see where its leaking there.
70547.jpg

Don-
If and when you pull off that rear cover, you can fix THAT leak by doing the following..

1) Make sure the rear cover is flat. Take the time to hammer the bolt-holes of the cover flat on a hard surface like an anvil or the top of a bench vice.

2) Use a GENUINE rear cover gasket, not RVT. Everytime I've bought a Cub that had RVT used, it leaked. RVT just has a hard time holding in thin hydraulic fluid, so don't use it.

Hope this helps....
happy.gif

Art
I may know what went wrong. You should have used RTV instead of RVT.
Go Vikes!
rofl.gif

Jerry-
Yea, that could be part of it, but I was too busy mounting AG tires backwards to notice.
LOL!
happy.gif

Go Vikes??

Well guys i found the 2 leaks that i have, baby powder was sprayed up around everythig and 1 hr fluid was on the floor. so rear cover needs new gasket. the other leak is where hydro pump is bolted to rearend, i`am thinking thats where the cork gasket is? i have both gaskets on order. Now what is the best way to change the cork gasket?i`am thinking remove the rearend as 1 unit to replace the cork gasket!Is this the right way to do this? thanks Don

Donald-
On a wideframe, you don't HAVE to remove the transmission to replace the cork gasket, but in my opinion, it's the best way because: 1) You don't have to slide the engine forward to get the driveshaft out; 2) It's easier to work on/install the tranny gasket with the tranny out.

I usually start this entire process by using a pressure washer to thoroughly clean the entire transmission area off so that I don't contaminate the inside of the transmission or pump, but it looks like you may have already done that.

Well tomorrow i will drop the cub down and remove the rearend and take it apart. My parts should be here soon and i want to replace both gaskets ( cork and rear cover) and new brake shoes ,then put the lift in place and get the 149 ready for plowing and towing. thanks guys for your help. Don
coffee.gif

Dumb Question. Will a snow plow off of a 122 fit on a 147? The plow doesn't have numbers I know of. (It is on Ebay).

Dennis
old.gif

Dennis, yes it will fit, however, it MAY have to be bolted on rather then taking advantage of the QA (Quick Attach) mounts.

Art,

"I was to busy mounting AG tires backwards to notice" An old Greybeard at work who had many years with Farm tires told me that traction is actually increased slightly running AG tires backwards as long as the ground is Medium to Hard. Medium to soft underfoot requires the tire be used in the correct rotation. Never worked in Farm tires, but the source is pretty trustworthy.

I was planning on taking a cool lineup shot of the "toys" over the weekend but time and other fall projects won out. I did have some time to run them for a while with some STA-BIL/MMO mix.

This summer was a "b--buster", not many rain days and a project deadline that was just crazy. I didn't get to too many shows and didn't even get my favorite tractor (the 120) outta' the shed. Here's a shot I got before tucking them away for a nap.
70573.jpg

Jim T , thats John Piper from Ca, on the 1100 at the Pa plow day a few years back , thats a sweet 1100 , I used to own it , bought it from the original owner .
1100 and 482s get a bad wrap but I think they are prety much equil to JD 110 ,112 or a W.H. and a heck of a lot easyer to work on .

Ding, Ding...Ding!

O.K. guys, you heard the man, but in case you didn't, lets all go and re-read Rob N's 7:24pm post. Yea! That's it! I was planning on running on real hard soil.......that's the ticket!

Ding, Ding...Ding!!!
happy.gif

Thanks Rob!
thumbsup.gif

Rich-
I've never owned a 1100, but I have owned a 110, and I'll back up your "1100's are easier to work on" thought. That 110 I owned made me dizzy looking underneath it with all of the springs, belts, pulleys and other moving parts that happen under there. They work very well, but YIKES those things are rolling-hardware-stores!

<font size="-2">....don't get me wrong, I do own a few GREEN tractor's that I'm pretty fond of!</font>
uhoh.gif

Looks like Art's selling bridges and swamp land this evening.......

Before you tell me another like that please give me time to put on my boots!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Weather guessers are calling for rain turning to snow tomorrow, with some accumulation possible on Thurs. Now, given that the last few years we have been DUMPED ON at Thanksgiving, I'm not taking any chances..... 782 #1 has chains, weights, cab, and 42" slip-plated thrower (w/spare belt) installed. 782 #2 has 58" power angle slip-plated blade & weights installed, waiting on cab and chains (as soon as the new chains show up). 149 w/loader is waiting in the wings for "the big one". Generator is full of gas and recently test run.....AND there is 20+ gallons of reserve fuel for whatever needs it first.

If that won't scare away the weather, I don't know what will!!!!!!!....Next week when I get the cab and chains on 782 #2 it'll probably climb right back up to 85deg!!!!

Latest posts

Back