• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 15, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time plowing. Did not go too bad, still need to fine tune our plows and techniques.
<font color="ff0000">USE THE ENTER KEY!!!</font>
44527.jpg

Dave, nice photo. Did you have chains on those turfs in the rear and how much weight are you using?

Tim, I don't see any chains on Dave's tires. Yeah, I know you didn't have the higher resolution photo to look at like I did.
happy.gif

44533.jpg

Tim
No chains, 1-50 lb JD weight on each wheel (no fluid), 1- 195 lb driver (little bit of fluid). We were plowing right around 6 inches deep with about 2 inches of frost in the bare areas. We still need to refine our technique but it was fun. I have some more pics. Most are really too close to see the plowing very well. My wife did not want to help with pics so my son was the photographer.

Dave

Charlie, what did you do, put a 1x2/3 grill screen into that 147? Looks good! Hmmmm, I have a 1x2/3 grill screen kicking around.....
happy.gif

KRAIG - Yep, That DOUBLE SLANT GRILL sure looks attractive on that tractor of Charlies. Definetly the BEST looking series of Cub Cadets ever.

Denny, yes, but I'm NOT referring to the cast iron grill but to the grill SCREEN insert! Notice the grill SCREEN insert, it's a chrome, 1/4" dia., welded wire grill insert like from a 1x2/3 series, not the expanded metal one that should be in a 1x6/7 series.

44540.jpg

44541.jpg

Latest posts

Back