• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 08, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Need some info...

I have a #40 <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Box Blade here that someone modified to be Cat-0. I'm putting it back to original specs for a sleeve hitch, but need to know if these U-shaped lower-arms ride "inside" the lower hitch bracket, "outside" the lower hitch bracket, or "straddle" it?

Here's a picture of the location that I'm asking about.... <font size="-2">Someone else's tractor</font>

114453.jpg

If you ask me, it looks like they straddle the lower bracket, and that's how I have them tacked on right now, but I thought I'd ask before I turn up <font color="0000ff">BIG BLUE</font> and make it permanent.
lazerburn.gif

Went to clean the spark plug and found out there wasnt any threads!! Can I put a helicoil or threaded insert in? Should I just wire brush the top of piston and valves?Thanks,Dustin
114457.jpg

114458.jpg

Art;
Mine "straddles" the lower bracket.Good luck!
Do I smell smoke?
rofl.gif
!

Now that hunting season is over(whew),it's time to go back to some serious business! Cub repair!
My biggest issue is with the hydro on my 149. It is extremely "touchy" going from forward to reverse. I've replaced the pump,repaired the trunnion slot,and replaced the springs. Any other thoughts?
Also,any tips for removing the speed control lever?
Thanks to all,Bobby.
Shotgun.gif
!

Don T: Is that an escape route across the road from the end of your driveway?
It's done:
114461.jpg

Now to get it from NY to here. It's very quiet in the house, tonight. Must be time to put the 1200 in the Classifieds!

Dustin S, I have used helicoils to repair spark plugs holes in heads many times back in my mechanic days and never had a problem. I always put some lock-tite on the threads and wait a little while before putting the spark plug back in. And even then, use some never sieze on the plug threads. Hope that helps, Nick

Helicoils are good. I got a kit from Carquest - they take a special tool and also recommend a sealer that I can't think of the name of. Once you've got the kit with the tool, extra inserts are available seperately. Before you decide, though, check the flatness of the head! Kind of a waste to put a helicoil in a warped head. BTDT
irritated.gif

Is that a brush hog on the tractor next to the 100 at the bottom of the page? got any other pics of it?

Matt Stetar (Mstetar) That looks to me a O mower deck someone used as a pull behind ? now i could be way off also.to low to be a Mott!

Frank C does this mean that i bought a hydro lift pump??? LOL

Later Don T
old.gif

Thanks for all the support guys. I never did get the chance to finish off the 102 to the point I could put the plow on it, nor did I get the blower on the 129. Winter is over half over now, and we haven't had any snow to speak of according to the neighbors, but there might be something brewing by next weekend. Gotta decide if I should go ahead and get the blower on the 129, put the 102 back together and put the blade on it, or cross my fingers it doesn't snow.

Jason: (as Charlie would say) yepper! Jeanne hasn't put a lump up beside my head, yet, but I think the party's over for now!
Don: (999) 1 more and let's get it over with!
asthanos.gif

I got a chance to take a better look at the 147 today. The wiring is toast, gas tank was empty but not to dirty. The carb has been replaced, appears to be a Walbro(no main jet adjusting screw) #60 carb?

I plan to relocate the battery and V/R to under the seat like the wideframes. I know I have read here of other folks doing that. Any tips ?

What is the stock location of the engine oil dipstick? The K321 in this 147 has two! One in the cam cover and one in the block just behind the S/G.

Lastly, I haven't turned one bolt on this narrow frame yet, but it looks to be......
bash.gif

Aahh-ya done it! Congratulations!!
Green looks so nice - when there's yellow/white sitting on it!
Hey, everyone -- Don just hit 1000!
greenthumb.gif

Quietline question: What is the purpose of the "snubbers" on the front of the engine mounting rails? Are they just to stabilize the engine/rails without mounting it solid to the frame? I need to replace my iso mounts, but not sure if the snubbers need to be replaced, too. They're not flat on the end anymore - sort of rounded off.

Also, I just ordered a set of roll pin punches to (hopefully) allow removal of some spirol/coil pins. I've had no luck so far without them. I should by stock in PB Blaster, I've been using so much to try to get the pins out!

Frank Kool , you got a problem with them 123`s lol. Nice tractor there I like em all.

I was up to no good here, wanted to see what i could do with fuel line. I plan to use it for the hood stop on my Cubs. This turned out a good mat for a big truck just inside the Door.
Later Don T
114470.jpg

Latest posts

Back