• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 21, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hard rubber seat for the 102 did not flip up like the fiberglass pan seat on the 122/123 and on the 1x4/5 series. I've not heard of one of the hard rubber seats being original to a 122 or 123. I suppose there's always a chance that they ran short of the fiberglass ones and/or someone at <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> goofed and put one on a 122.
dunno.gif
It's really odd to hear of one on a 72. That I believe must have been done by a PO at some point during the past 40 years.

All my lititure states fiberglass pan with cushioned weather resistance padding.

popcorn1.gif
Harry and me
popcorn1.gif

Jason Sosbe,

our sponsors above will be more than happy to sell you a plow frame...
greenthumb.gif

My lasted pick up. 127 with electric lift, extra chains, and the soft cab is all there and in good shape.
288612.jpg

288613.jpg

Quick Question: What is the BEST way to repair damage to the front of a narrow frame, where the axle holding portion has weakened and started to rip the horizontal frame members as shown in pictures below.

I know welding will be involved, but what type of welding is recommended (TIG, MIG, Stick) and what, if any, additional bracing is required? Any tips, tricks, welcome.

Frame members viewed from front of tractor:

288618.jpg

Left-hand Frame member (seen on the right side of picture above):

288619.jpg

Right-hand Frame member (seen on left side of first picture):

288620.jpg

Jeremiah, what are the 4 Socket Cap screws, aka Allen Head screws, holding on? (well, the one on the upper right looks like it might be a nut...?)
1a_scratchhead.gif

288622.jpg

Check the Special equipment catalogs, I though the rubber pan seat was an option at one time for a customer installed "upgrade" on the Original, 70,100,71,72,73 etc.

But that's from memory.........

Latest posts

Back