• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 15, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric N.
Go back to 'real' Hytran and do filter!

Joe Z.
Rear weights are fine, go for it.
44473.jpg

44474.jpg

44475.jpg

44476.jpg

I've got a pic of a rear weight bracket around here somewhere, I'll try to post it for ya tomorrow, If Kraig doesn't beat me to it.
biggrin.gif

Joe Z.
I've got these 27 pounders in the weight box on my thrower/blower tractors weight box, plus the battery.
44478.jpg

44479.jpg

44480.jpg

This weight thing is a heavy issue!

Digger-good job on the preliminary FAQ, thats what I was looking for!
thumbsup.gif

After a couple of days of thought (and drying time as well) I decided to do the right thing and repaint the hood, etc. on the 129 Gloss White before the next Northeaster moves in and it gets too cold to paint in the garage. Hopefully I will get another warm day or two to put down the Transport Yellow on the yellow parts.

My tranny gears are here, so waiting in the wings the 102 overhaul, once the 129 is back together from its facelift. Here's hoping the 102 holds together until I can get to it, I doubt I can get the 129 back together and rebuild both the engine and tranny on the 102 before the snow flies around here. Of course, I could always hope a nice QA42A drops in my lap in the meantime
angel.gif

I might have posted this picture before, but here is my dad's solution to lack of available wheel weights, he bolted a couple of diesel engine flywheels together.

44486.jpg

Steve B. was nice enough to send the pics of his weight bracket for the Midwest Super Cub weights in the last pic of my weight post.
44492.jpg

44493.jpg

Here is a picture of my weight bracket. I designed it so I didn't have to remove the bracket when using the 3 point hitch or draw-bar.
44496.jpg

44497.jpg

44498.jpg

You could also pick up iron weight-lifting weights from Walmart or garage sales. I believe i got them for 30 cents a lbs.
44499.jpg

I use 10 lb ones in my rims.
44500.jpg

I built this weight bracket deal last winter. I was running 4 sets of IH weights already, but I got tired of spinning the tires when trying to back up with the QA42A lifted.(disregard the date on the pics
rolleyes.gif
)
44506.jpg

44507.jpg

It is 1/8" thick X 1" wide angle, and some scraps I had laying around.

On the back I bolted a 4 gallon drywall mud bucket.
44508.jpg

And the bucket is loaded with 180lb. of freebie scraps from a machine shop, and a couple of 'wheel weights' that were on a parts tractor I had..
lol.gif

44509.jpg

Charlie- Please hold off on yer darn Snow Dance!!! I need to get my snow movers healed up from the last round yet!!

Charlie,
Dance the night away, I could use some fresh snow for this comming weekend.
After all it is opening weekend of Wisconsins deer gun hunting season and those pesky brown deer show up a lot better when there is snow on the ground.
But not more than 3 inches please as my cub 72 has a problem going through anymore than that when draging that big 30point buck out of the woods.

I am working on a model 80 with hydrostatic xmsn that is locked. Any suggestions on how to unlock it. thanks lindy

Cop the thrust of that little Honda!!
Cub transmission all worked O.K. around my back yard (even the steering functioned reasonably with about ¼ turn free).
So now to strip it all down & start refurbishing into a ‘Beach Cub’. Think I’ll go up to Sydney next week & look for a more presentable (&easier to operate) motor.
Note the sky, no need for snow ploughs here!
44515.jpg

<font color="ff0000">ENTER key</font>
44516.jpg

44517.jpg

44518.jpg

Does anyone have the exact dimensions and specifications of the lift arm bar to the rear lift setup on a 122 Cub? I need to make one up since mine is missing. I think it is about 1" wide by 1/2" thick by about 2 feet long. I would like to know the exact measurements because I have lots of scrap metal but nothing exact to go on to make it. I would also need to know the hole size in each end and the hole location in relation to the bar. Thanks for anyone's help in advance.

LONNIE B. - I haven't even tried to keep up with the newer CC's since about 1990, the 1882/2082/2182 series... The "CYCLOPS Tractors" Not sure what all rear wheels they've used, I don't doubt some of them rated for ground engaging implements can use wheel weights.
G.L.L. - RE steering gearboxes - The gearbox on My old 72 has been rebuilt about three times. The last two boxes I built (1 for the 72 & 1 for a 129) I had scrap tubing, 1-1/2" OD x 3/4" ID and 3/4" long that I chamfered the ID and slid the piece down the steering shaft to support the top thrust bearing race where the diecast gearbox had broken out. I then drilled & tapped three holes through the gearbox casting for machine screws, the steel steering tube into the steel sleeve to hold the whole assembly together and so far the 72's box has lasted another 15-20 years. The new gearbox I bought 5-6 yrs ago was $175 on sale, I think they list well over $200 now. I haven't installed my new one yet but that day is getting very near....the steering shaft raises about 3/8" when You turn the wheel. The other modifications in the FAQ's I haven't tried but I'm sure they're a BIG improvement as well.

Greg E., I can measure the one I have at home that is not yet installed in my 125 but I won't be able to post the dimensions until Monday as I have tomorrow off. I'll try to get it posted this evening from home but I can't promise anything.

Greg E.
I just happen to have one laying here beside my desk, LOL
25 1/2 Long,1 3/8" wide 7/16" thick. 3/4" hole on one end, centered and 3/16" from the end.
The other end hole is 5/8" centered and 5/16" from the end.
If you need more, I'll take a pic with measurements later today, as we're headin out the door right now.

Charlie, thanks for posting that, now I can relax this evening and concentrate on packing for the Wisconsin gun deer season opener.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back