• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 11, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I had plans to work on my 125 today, but I see it is 16 deg and climbing. I think my Nomad will go for another run today.I think I will follow Frank C and put some of my tools in order . The 129 loader is finished and I have to go pick it up. I should repaint the hood where a rock fell from the bucket and made a large scratch. I have the decal set from Charlie to install. I have seen the new loader lines and well they are neater ,but they ran two soft lines under the tractor and I would much rather those lines have some protection from rocks.have a great day all. later Don T

Frank c ? did you get snow lol.I have a tree here that still has green leaves.We have had only one morning that we had to scrape the wind-shield on the car from frost. Last night the temps were down to 10 cel .I do love the weather we get here in Nova Scotia Canada.
1AA_dance2.gif

Morning Denny

wave.gif

Hi ken,

Yep, we are almost neighbors. Could be wrong lift rod but I don't understand why it rubs front axle as well. This is the only rod that came with it. I can measure it and post this eve. When snow thrower is on ground I still have lots of travel left in electric lift.

William S., no the 122 headlight panel will not fit onto a 100. The headlight panels are different.

William S,
No, not correctly. The 100 headlight panel is a flat panel, the 102/122/123 panel has a short 90 degree lip or flange on the bottom of the panel that was used to hold the top of the grill insert in position. Kraig types faster than I do....

Don-

I wouldn't even bring the 129 home until ALL of the lines were fully protected, especially underneath. I hope you get this before you take off. I understand you want it back home...I'm the same way but now's the time to do like Barney Fife and "nip it in the bud!".

Wayne Shytle

I understand that the 129 is finished and they do not want to change the lines running under the Cub. I think I will weld on a plate to protect them from harm.The new hard lines did make the 129 loader look much better . I`am installing the plow bracket on my ATV so I will be ready for snow when it comes. I have so much to do , The 450 snow blower needs the spline fixed on the rear impeller. Dang I did not know that it could be destroyed so easy.I plan on doing some practice with my stick welder also. burn a few rods , I`am getting better at welding. My first attempts were horrible lol.

DON - Are the hyd lines under the 129 rubber or steel hard line? If they're rubber they really don't need a whole lot of protection, if they're steel I'd cover them with something. A piece of PVC pipe cut in half length-wize clamped onto the hoses or lines would work good.

Both of my loaders have two hoses running from one side to the other under the belly of the tractor. The ones on the M have been that way for 50 yrs and have never been a problem, they're about a foot, maybe 15 inches off the ground, that's 300-380 MM in "Canadian".
happy.gif

Dennis Frisk

I wanted hard lines going under the cub, but inside the frame support bracket ( think 1.5 x3 "). He ran under rubber line in front of the support accost frame bracket. I guess the hose will be higher off the ground than the front Axel, So I will have to Waite till I can see under the Cub as to the routing they used.LOL I do have a few pictures ,

232567.jpg

So ! now I have soft lines running in front of the loader mount bracket going from hard lines and under with soft. These lines are for the lift cylinders ( 2") and the right tower where the two piston controller sits (float is nice also).When I last saw it thy had those lines to tie up and two Left hand bucket cylinder hoses to make up.I really think they are making a copy of the loader.All kinds of questions and now he owns six . He wants to build a loader back hoe for his 782. He now has two 782 a 582,and the 1650 QL. He wants my 62 Original and so far he has looked at a few more. I will in the spring have a few pictures to post of what I have been up to .Doing my part for the IH Cub up here lol.He is wanting to install the back hoe attachment on my loader and his 782.His shop built my loader .He has the fever and a shop that repairs big trucks .He has welders+3 and all the hose gear. So I have been providing him as to manuals and he has big plans for his fleet.

Does anyone know what is required to add power steering to a 982?

I've had a Peco Vac attached to the PTO on my model 149 Cub Cadet since 1974 that has worked wonderfully. Yesterday the Cub Cadet 149 drive shaft end broke off and I can no longer attach the Peco Vac or anything else to the PTO drive. The mower still works fine. What I need now is to find a vacuum with a separte engine (Peco or other brand) that I can mount to my Cub Cadet model 149 tractor with 3 blade 44" mower deck all circa 1974. I do not want to use a tow along vacuum device because I constantly need to back up and move around tight spots. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Steven B, U can check CC Parts lookup ^^above for model 1872 or 2072 , there's 3 "steering categories" that give insight to your PS inquiry. One part that is the same is the steering wheel!...PWR

Here are some excerpts from the only brochure that I've ever seen:

232571.jpg

232572.jpg

232573.jpg

232574.jpg

Kraig, Thank you very much for the photos. The photo on the left shows the PTO Peco vac that I have but can no longer use because of a busted PTO drive shaft. In looking at the photos, it appears that it might be possible to convert PTO driven vac on the left to the engine driven vac as shown on the right. Does anyone think that's feasible and does anyone have a suggestion for a 3 hp or greater gasoline engine that could be attached and used to drive the Peco vac? Jim

I am guessing the green WF is a 149 since it appears to have a hydraulic lift handle.

Charlie please don't get mad about this PSA
I just saw a guy selling a collection of 24 red cub cadets on CL in Rockford, Il

I can't imagine owning that many cubs

Wish I had some $$$$

Ok, the lift rod on my QA42A is 32" long. Is that the correct length or could that be the reason that I don't get much lift? Why is the rod rubbing the front axle? Here are some pics. Thanks for any ideas. Trying to post pics but they don't seem to want to upload.

JIM K = Is the part you broke yesterday a part of the Peco vac or your 149 CC? If it's the CC it might be easier/cheaper to fix that than convert your vac over to engine drive.

I made a home-built vac unit about 12-14 yrs ago that's patterned after a Trac-Vac, the blower is engine driven by a K181 Kohler via v-belt, and semi-mounted to my #72 CC and I pull my small cart with home-made sides & top behind that. It is rather long but the cart trails EXACTLY behind the tractor because I moved the hitch point of the cart so far back. Trimming & backing isn't a problem, at least in my yard. Wish the cart was bigger, it's only 42" L x 32" W x 36" tall and I can fill it 100% in five minutes if the leaves are heavy.

CHARLIE - the best part of that "Patio 149" isn't the tractor or the mod's.
wink.gif

Back