• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 04, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave C.
Can you say Teflon Tape?
I knew you could.
thumbsup_old.gif

Charlie, I think someone years ago posted a photo or two of one of those generators but I can't find the photos.
bash.gif
If I could find the photos I might be able to then find the post that they were in and then I'd know who posted them. So far no luck.

Charlie The AC Gen. that you posted an image of were used by the Utility Co's as portable power sources. They had a small platform with a 3-5 hp lp gas motor mounted on it. You could interchange a Gen,Pump or Blower on the mount. Later they went truck motor mounted units because of maintenance and ease of use. The telephone utility purchased theirs thru Western Electric but I don't know who made them.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

I remember seeing a green painted gen that mounted on the front of a Cub Cadet in one of the plow days pictures , wish I could remember the name but
1a_scratchhead.gif

I think I would like to convert my 682 to a 782 hydraulic lift. I'm thinking that if I used all 782 parts I'll have less trouble. Can anyone give me a list of everything I need? Can anyone post a picture of how everything goes together, please? I have exploded views but would prefer a picture under the tunnel cover.

Thanks,

Norm

Charlie and Kraig - I thought Pincor made those generators. Aren't they in one of those early "options brochures"???

Kraig - on the chains, I think your chains with 12 rows of 16 cross links are for a car tire. I thought a 23x10.5x12 tire either usually had 12 or 13 cross links, but I see in the pic from Donnie T he shows 11 cross links and 17 rows of them, so your chains are way bigger. On the other hand, 17 rows would seem to be to short. I'm all confused here.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(even when they're chained up)

Harry Bursell

The chains I posted are for 23 10.5 12 rims and tires (turf). They fit without a gap where they join. They were new last winter and on the gravel drive and 75 lbs I had no problems pushing a full blade of snow with the 149
Shift.gif

Hydro, re-read my post, that would be 16 cross links with 12 links in each, or stated differently 16 rows with 12 links in each row.
dizzy.gif

Harry Bursell

My last new set,others were for 1862 lol.
]
215850.jpg

Wes, that's great news, I dropped the block and head off to the shop today and my guy told me the same thing. He said the bore looks fine, he's just going to hone it out and have the crank turned.

Donald, thanks for the welcome. I am a new IH cub geek and this site is so informative. I have already been in the archives and have seen quite a few ideas that I am going to steal. I think I saw a thread re: beefing up the front end on the 102 using 1" spindles. Can't wait to start going through the rest of the tractor while the engine is at the shop, gotta start sanding. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back