• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 28, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrschmitt

displayname
Ron R. Schmitt
Ken F,

Yes, the spirol roll pin common to the lift handle and rock shaft is the likely culprit for lack of lift height and is probably bent or partially sheared from repeated use over the years. Yes, they can be a pain to remove. The difficult thing is finding access for getting a good swing at it with a BFH and punch to drive it out. I had to remove the fender pan on my 169 rebuild project to get good enough access to drive it out. Lots of penetrating oil too. When I finally got it out, it came out in several pieces. There was a fair amount of discussion a few days ago here on the board about roll pin punches that may make it easier to remove the pin. I used a regular flat end punch that worked but it wasn't easy.

Denny-
I have a set of those <strike>pioneer</strike> Parker fittings in the drawer at home. I'll check the part number and report back.

Rich-
Yes, you can...
wink.gif

Denny-
I found my post from before when I first got the fitting. Unfortunately, they're still sitting in the same drawer I put them in 4 years ago!

"...The fittings do fit the outlets on the front, but I do not know if they work without leaking yet because I haven't had the energy time to complete the project.... "

87131.jpg

87132.jpg

Art, I know the feeling.
roflol.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I haven't had the energy time to complete the project.... "<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Hmmm, shouldn't there be an "or" in there somewhere?
coffee.gif

I still want to know why the text after a Quote is a different font?
pcwhack.gif

Since the topic is mower decks. I need some help with the 2 Original decks that i have. i need to know how the rear deck wheels attach and how to make the covers for the spindles. all help is great. thanks Don T( just thought i would repost this in hope of an answer) thanks Don T
coffee.gif

THANKS Art. You look at an old Farmer and ask Him about a "Parker Coupling" and He won't have ANY idea what your talking about. Ask Him about "Pioneer Couplings" and He'll know. I haven't bought Hydraulics for a LONG time.....but I used to deal (briefly) with the screw machine shop that made most of Parker's brass fittings.
I guess I'll have to help fund My Buddy's JD retirement pension this weekend and buy a pair of those male connectors.
ihrotate.gif

Got to test out the lift limit of my 72 & FEL over the holiday weekend
87140.jpg

87141.jpg

87142.jpg

Needed a little extra counter weight to get back out of the trench
87143.jpg

And wouldn't you know it I found put just how much abuse the loader would handle
87144.jpg

Back to the shop for a repair job and all is good once again.
87145.jpg

Lonny,
That looks like a lot of fun!
I gotta tellya though, you better be for grinding that weld back down, inserting something in that tubing and then weld a gusset or 4 on that thing or it's gonna pop again.
thumbsup_old.gif

Thanks a bunch Kraig really, that will work. Thanks again Don T
ihrotate.gif

Charlie

If it breaks again, I am going to rebuild the whole loader without the weak spots.

So far it is the only weld that has given out in all the abuse I have put this loader through.

I have some deck inquires also. First, I picked up a deck along with my 682 awhile ago. The deck looks similar to my 128's 38 deck, but the overall width of the deck is 4 inches longer than the 38 deck. The serial #421U111, which leads me to believe it is a 42 incher. The large center blade is missing, but the outer blades measure 11 inches across.
Second, this new to me deck has rear mounted wheels, and my 38 deck doesn't. The mounting holes are there. Were rear deck wheels an option or are mine just gone with the years. I posted a pic of the deck in question awile ago. Sorry, I am using Becka's laptop to post. My desktop is out of commission for now do to laying new floor in the house.

Can someone tell me the difference between the automatic and manual hydro release valves? How each works and what is the benefit of one over the other? Are they interchangeable in the pump body? Thank you!!!!

Denny-
I just went out in the garage and looked at those front Hyd fittings again. Here are the numbers that are stamped on the side of them.

<font size="-2">(i.e. Perhaps you can find a cheaper "non JD" source)</font>

<font size="+2">UK Parker SM - 252 - 4FP</font>

Again, I want to be clear that I have not tried these with any attachments, so I CANNOT confirm that they work, although they DO fit in the fitting on the front of the tractor.

<font color="ff0000">Back Under "Edit Mode": Try this place @ $9.09 ea.

Baum Hydraulics</font>

Lonnie-
What-cha digging that out for?

Kraig-
Leave me alone...
happy.gif

Art.

Sister-in-law wants a small pond next to her flowers in front of the house.

Guess she not satified with the small river that runs through the same area each spring when we get a rapid snow melt.

Seems to me to be a perfict place to grow skeeters.

ART - I called a couple of my local Case/IH - Cub Cadet dealers yesterday....got parked on hold at the first one, got mad and called the other I do the most business with since He also handles McCormick & Navistar trucks....Charlie has done business with them before....and They have the Parker connectors on the shelf for $8 to $10/ea depending on which size hose I get. I need some HyTran to flush the oil out of the cylinder on My new attachment and some hoses made to reach My front aux. remotes and some FARMALL oil filters. This attachment was last infrequently attached to a HONDA garden tractor and I have NO idea what kind of oil may be in this cylinder and I only have maybe 10 hours on fresh HyTran & filter on the 982. So I'm going to drain & flush the hoses & cylinder before I use this thing. I may try to post some pic's on this thing in action.

Thanks again for all Your help.

Back