Archive through May 17, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ken,

I may just get a piece of tread plate and bolt it on over that particular spot just to dress it up and keep it from looking like crap.

Just finished repairing the front PTO, now to check on the 2 valves on top of the hydro pump, and then do a few minor repairs and it will be almost ready.

i just tried running it on premium gas, died in 10 minutes. i cleaned the carb bowl before, gas was rust colored, lots of particles, and after, not as bad,but still dirty, so, since you guys have been right before, and i have not been right yet, i guess i will replace the tank, disassemble carb ,clean it, and try again.

what about the plastic replacement gas tanks for my 128 ? do you guys like them?
i see one of the vendors at the top has new plastic tanks.

Frank-

Try the muriatic acid (see link Kraig posted) to clean your current tank. It won't cost you much, and you have nothing to lose at this point if you are planning on getting a different tank anyway.

im not going to clean the tank.
this tractor does appear to have every been serviced, which makes the tank about 38 years old.
so, odds are, the acid will open up all the pin holes being plugged by the rust.
and, I was already fooled by this tank once, a new tank eliminates the "rust from tank" problem.
and, i could clean the tank after i replace it and keep it as a spare.

and what about a fuel bowel for a 128? i know most of you dont like in line filters, but what about putting a fuel bowl on the new tank?

Sediment bowl doesn't fit - tank outlet too close to mounting bracket.
bash.gif

Must be a good idea, though -- I had it, too.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back