Archive through May 28, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was my thinking as well, a fuel turbulizer, to allow for a more complete mix, thus better burning
JMHO...

Charlie..that thingy may be a turbolizer but it's sure not like the one I've got NOS from Kohler.

Myron B

Myron,
That's cause it fits QL's.
thumbsup.gif

Sorry guys if this is all incorrect. I've used forums quite a bit, but I'm not sure at all how to start a new topic here. Maybe it's about dates and not about topics... anyway... help!

I have a 149 that starts up, runs okay for a couple minutes (at most) and then dies like it's running out of gasoline. I've cleaned up the carb, and replaced the plug and coil. Does it likely need a carb kit done?

At times it has run maybe 45 minutes before it wants to quit. But now it just dies in pretty short order. The service shops around here are not very helpful - unless I want to give it up for who knows how long while they try to fit me in and figure it out.

Please guide me if I'm not using the forum properly.

Thanks,
Kent

Charlie, I'd probably guess those white things are Urinals that don't have the holes drilled in them yet. I know they wouldn't go on a real Cub Cadet.

Ken F,

If your deck lift arms are pretty even with each other, then I would leave them alone. I will check my Cubby tonight to verify how far the lift arms are from the frame cross member for the steering gear with lift handle in the up position and let you know. Sometimes spirol roll pins get deformed at outer diameter where contact force from loading is highest but they won't be bent in the middle and you can't see that until you remove it.

Those seat parts that Charlie has look like fiberglass seat pans for some of the 2/3 and 4/5 series. Wonder if they are NOS or repros?

kent the first thing i would look at is the tank to see if something is like rust . If that not it then the next would be to the carb kit.

First day in the park for Junior. scraped dirt to get ready to plant grass. Ran ok, used about 1/4 tank for little over hour running-dont know if thats good or normal or not. Pic by boro welcome sign-which I made 6 years ago.other pic is 4x8 trailer I use to haul the stuff/tools to park.
only thing I scratched my head over is removing deck- releasing it was fine but gettin it out from under;is there some trick to that? I just jacked front up the floor jack & pulled it out that way. Oh well least it didnt blow up or catch fire.
poof.gif

87182.jpg

87183.jpg

Jim - so it sounds like fuel system, huh. I probably should have tried that before spending about $43 on the coil today.

And I told the cub shop I can get a couple more minutes of decent running out of it (after it starts acting up) by adjusting the choke, but eventually it still dies.

Latest posts

Back