• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 23, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
258793.jpg

Got a chance to tear into the motor on the wifes 782 to get a good look at what happened yesterday. Wow, what a mess. Take a loook

258810.jpg

258811.jpg

258812.jpg

A few shots of the valve stems and keepers

258823.jpg

258824.jpg

Between the crank and the jug being broke there might be too much to invest to get this thing going again. This is a huge bummer, it ran so well up to this point. The cost of a new crank was close to $1000 which is only a few hundred away from a whole new motor. Might just have to self this motor and wait till some parts come along, possibly find a replacement motor from another cub in the mean time.

All in all was a sad day, the girls were crushed to see there little tractors power plant shelled on the bench yesterday.
a_weep.gif

To any and all engine guys...what is the best way to properly seat the new rings in a "refreshed" engine? I've only run it long enough to produce enough heat to retorque the head.

This is a K301 in a cc129.

Thanks in advance!

On a 129 , the frame cover over the drive shaft.
The plate underneath that puts the hydro into neutral is is broke off / missing.
I would like to fabricate one. Does anyone have a picture of one, and maybe the length from lever shaft to rear ?

Question about steer axle spindles. On my 73, the right wheel leans way in and the spindle appears bent in the radius.

I had planned to use the spindle from a parts 125 that should be the same but it is really junk with loose and worn shafts where the bearings ride, however the angle seems correct when installed.

If I heat the inside radius of the apparantly bent 73 spindle, will that have a tendency to increase/straighten it out some?
facepalm.gif
err.gif

Thnaks!
Dave S.

Dave,

CC Specialties has those on there web site for around $80.

Also, please be careful, you might poke the bear with that last sentence.
poof.gif

{Postings of items 'For Sale' or 'Wanted to Buy' or 'For Trade' (no matter how thinly veiled) shall be in the Classifieds.}

Good luck

Back