• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 26, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrschmitt

displayname
Ron R. Schmitt
Scott C,

You have a 123 which was the first and only Hydro model made in the 1X2/3 series. It was introduced midway through the 3 years that IH produced this series. I can see that it has a Kohler engine which should be a model K301A and puts out 12 hp. The Walboro carb currently on your engine is a replacement as it would have originally came with a Kohler/Carter carb. A #26 size carb is correct for a K301.

Walboro carbs use plastic floats instead of the donut brass floats used in Kohler/Carter carbs. After 30-40 years of use, the original Kohler/Carter carbs wear at the throttle shafts and get loose which allows air into the carb and they won't run good at idle. There are washer repair kits and bushing rebuild kits available to remedy this problem but not everyone knows that so they just put a new replacment carb on which is unfortunate because the Walboro carbs are not as good as the original Kohler/Carter carbs and they don't have a high speed adjustment screw. If you have a small engine shop near you it would be best to take the carb off and take it with you to get the correct carb kit. Warning, Walboro carb kits can be pricey so prepare yourself.

Ron S, that is awesome information. Exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated. My offer to send Kraig some Washington state grime is extended to you too!
happy.gif

Scott, oh, I have engines with plenty of oil and grime:

255954.jpg

255955.jpg

Thanks Charlie, I just wish I got the e-mail. Crappy system I have I guess! I believe you. Now I just need someone to throw in some ideas on it?

1a_scratchhead.gif

If that pristine 125 was mine I'd use it.
Shift.gif
In a year or two it'd probably look all greasy like the ones I just posted below.
blush.gif
banned1.gif

I'm fairly new here and even I don't believe that Kraig. That's definitely Living room furniture...

I'd put one of those cell phone holders where the cigar lighter is supposed to go for the T.V. remote.

I had my Harley in the living room till I was threatened to choose my better half or
animatedihbear.gif

Keith, the Original that I refurbished a few years back is already showing plenty of signs of use and I only use it on rare occasions. That 125 would be used all the time. Trust me, if that were mine it'd be greasy in no time.
proud.gif
Cub Cadets were built to be used.

Yea your right. At least we have a camera to remember what they did look like.

Kieth, It ain't the size, i can fix that!
It's that huge neverending PARAGRAPH!!! LOL!

You know, kind of like Charlie says w/pic's, hit the enter key once or twice after each picture!!

Dave S.

Charlie - any chance you could post more pics of that 125? If it's all "correct" it would great to have full color pics for refurb reference. Very curious about paint, etc. on key components like pto, engine, electric stuff under dash, hydro linkage and anything else of course you would be willing to share. It's absolutely awesome!

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

the last picture that bill posted shows the mower blades painted white
1a_scratchhead.gif
Is that normal or was the deck repainted?
I would love to have it over here .
feint.gif

Don, who knows? I never checked back in 1969 when my parents bought the 125 I have now. As an 8 year old I didn't care what color stuff was I just wanted to drive it!
buttrock.gif

Kraig - Yes and you (wr)still want time on a 125 seat . Funny how some things never change .A car hit me on my MC Jun 12/74 and I got off crutches Feb /76. And still have a 99 Kawi Nomad 1500 . The shape that 125 IS in, wow I could not let it sit that long;we all know you can`t ,try to keep a tractors paint for not getting scratches and dings. kind a makes you cringe some when they happen
facepalm.gif
. My problem is I love to run my Cubs and will only let my 61 O sit after it is finished. I know I will have to run it some lol.

Charlie - fees up ! What is the story on that 125 ????

Latest posts

Back